The Wallis Family

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Heres one for the "older" ones who contribute to this excellent forum! Anyone remember the Wallace Family who performed at the Peacock Pub at Yeadon every Sunday in the 60's? The were an absolute scream,and would always perform the same sketches but even though you knew what was coming next you would always laugh. I wonder what happened to them? I remember Peter Wallace was on one of the "soaps" but can't remember which one. Apologies if this thread has been done before.
ex-Armley lad

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

iansmithofotley wrote: Hi stutterdog,Take a look at this:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 2182656Ian Thanks Ian for the YEP thread and sorry I mis-spelled Wallis. The information was very interested and answered what I wanted to know. I never realised he was in so many series! I can also remember seeing the Family at the Alexander club on Tong Rd too. [Thread title now corrected for you].
ex-Armley lad

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

I saw the Wallis Family on more than one occasion at the "Peacock" and they were an excellent funny act. I seem to remember Peter doing a solo act in a BBC series called "Top Town", in which various towns and cities competed against each other in a talent contest and Leeds won at least once. Anyone any recollections of it?Can anyone remember if "The Gaunt Brothers" used to appear at "The Peacock" or am I becoming confused with another pub - a not uncommon state for me these days?
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi stutterdog,I knew Peter Wallis as he often came to social functions connected with my work. He was a very sociable character and always gave his services (singing and telling jokes) for free. I also remember him at the Peacock and the Westbourne. If you check him out on You Tube and Wikipedia, he appeared in quite a lot of films including Leeds United.Ian

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

iansmithofotley wrote: Hi stutterdog,I knew Peter Wallis as he often came to social functions connected with my work. He was a very sociable character and always gave his services (singing and telling jokes) for free. I also remember him at the Peacock and the Westbourne. If you check him out on You Tube and Wikipedia, he appeared in quite a lot of films including Leeds United.Ian Hi Ian, I think you mentioned that Peter was in Last of the Summer wine? The only character that I can think of him playing was the old guy who wore glasses who used to wonder around town in a bit of a confused state. he would address one or other of the main characters and they would finish up in a state of confusion themselves! He was a very funny man. Thanks again.
ex-Armley lad

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

iansmithofotley wrote: Hi stutterdog,I knew Peter Wallis as he often came to social functions connected with my work. He was a very sociable character and always gave his services (singing and telling jokes) for free. I also remember him at the Peacock and the Westbourne. If you check him out on You Tube and Wikipedia, he appeared in quite a lot of films including Leeds United.Ian Hi Ian, I think you mentioned that Peter was in Last of the Summer wine? The only character that I can think of him playing was the old guy who wore glasses who used to wonder around town in a bit of a confused state. he would address one or other of the main characters and they would finish up in a state of confusion themselves! He was a very funny man. Thanks again. And thanks for correcting the heading on this tread.
ex-Armley lad

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

That would have been Eli (sp?) pronounced eelie
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

tyke bhoy wrote: That would have been Eli (sp?) pronounced eelie Yes! Tyke bhoy, thats the fellah! Eli!
ex-Armley lad

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

The "LOTSW" cast list gives the name Danny O'Dea as Eli. There is a "Wallace", spelt as this, in the list but it is a female character. Please don't think I'm trying to be a know all.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?