TEDxLeeds

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
exploringleeds

Post by exploringleeds »

Hi,I wrote a review of the TEDxLeeds 2010 event that took place last night - http://exploringleeds.blogspot.com/2010 ... form.htmlI did mean to post a 'this is coming up' post earlier in the week but it's been crazy hectic here at work (I'm about to go on a three week trip to the US, Mexico and Canada). The videos of the talks should be up on the TEDxLeeds site next week and I really recommend checking them out if you missed the event itself.I'm a little unsure about posting lots of links to events and posts on here but I think the events organised and promoted by tech types are probably off the radar of a lot of SL folks - they tend to be promoted via Twitter and conversations at other tech events - so I'd like to mention them here every now and then to encourage other local history and geography hobbyists to come along. If you have a look at my review you'll see there was plenty there that a booklover or luddite would still have found interesting since the focus was on cities and how they develop. (Not of course that anyone around here is a Luddite. )Alex    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I've just tried the link in your message but got this "Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Exploring Leeds does not exist."
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Same here Leodian.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

exploringleeds

Post by exploringleeds »

Hi Leodian,Can you try again? I think putting a full stop at the end of the sentence containing the link pleased my inner grammar fiend but annoyed the link gods.Alex

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I accessed the page without any problem.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

exploringleeds wrote: Hi Leodian,Can you try again? I think putting a full stop at the end of the sentence containing the link pleased my inner grammar fiend but annoyed the link gods.Alex The link now works OK.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

exploringleeds wrote: Hi,I wrote a review of the TEDxLeeds 2010 event that took place last night - http://exploringleeds.blogspot.com/2010 ... form.htmlI did mean to post a 'this is coming up' post earlier in the week but it's been crazy hectic here at work (I'm about to go on a three week trip to the US, Mexico and Canada). The videos of the talks should be up on the TEDxLeeds site next week and I really recommend checking them out if you missed the event itself.I'm a little unsure about posting lots of links to events and posts on here but I think the events organised and promoted by tech types are probably off the radar of a lot of SL folks - they tend to be promoted via Twitter and conversations at other tech events - so I'd like to mention them here every now and then to encourage other local history and geography hobbyists to come along. If you have a look at my review you'll see there was plenty there that a booklover or luddite would still have found interesting since the focus was on cities and how they develop. (Not of course that anyone around here is a Luddite. )Alex     Im sure none of us have a problem with this,and would probably intersted in some of it too..BTW,i am a Luddite
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com