tyke bhoy
PostsCOLON 2073
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 4:48 am
LocationCOLON Leeds/Wakefield
CONTACTCOLON

Postby tyke bhoy » Fri 01 Oct, 2010 9:38 pm

STICKS wrote:
Can anyone remember going to Tiffany's?

While not a brilliant search engine but tiffanys searched here http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/SearchResults.aspx?Page=1 throws up 4 threads (no pun intended)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthouse

http://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/
anthonydna
PostsCOLON 392
JoinedCOLON Mon 26 Feb, 2007 6:02 pm

Postby anthonydna » Sat 02 Oct, 2010 12:19 am

Went most weeks in the early 80's , spent most time upstairs in the Bali Hai though.
rodley trotter
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:48 pm

Postby rodley trotter » Sat 02 Oct, 2010 12:56 pm

Yes, i remember bali hai fondly.when i couldnt get into the phono [cos i wasnt a regular,which reduced my chances of becoming a regular]
bali hai played similar music but with less shoegazing and more chance of pulling!!!

Lt
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Sun 04 Nov, 2012 9:20 pm

Postby Lt » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 2:24 am

I remember passing that place loads as a kid and always wondering what was inside
beefyburt
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: Anyone remember Tiffany's

Postby beefyburt » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 4:06 pm

Oh my, the best place ever!! I used to go in the early 80's, it was special because it cost a lot to get in, the beer was awful and expensive, BUT....it had the biggest dance floor. The had a large revolving stage, on one side was the DJ, the other a band, and it would swap over. The DJ played all the great dance music, including the set dances like YMCA, Wig Wham Bam etc, but they weren't cheesy, everyone got up and loved it. In the centre it was the only place for me, as Cinders was too expensive and small, the others were niche like Phone and the Warehouse. I remember al the fuss over Mr Craigs opening, but it was so expensive and all show. Give me Tiffs any night.

Return to