Famous Comedian's to play Leeds

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Here is an archive of shows at the City Varieties back to 1996:http://www.uktw.co.uk/archive/V973/some well known names in comedy on it.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

following on from my last post,I never knew Blaster Bates played Leeds in 2001,shame I would have loved to have seen that one.

liits

Post by liits »

Steve Jones wrote: following on from my last post,I never knew Blaster Bates played Leeds in 2001,shame I would have loved to have seen that one. He did two shows at the CV in the 80's as well. Both brilliant and both went well over their allotted time.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: 20 mins time........8.30pm Beeb 2 tonight it's Count Arthur Strong's TV Show.Acquired taste that you either get or don't."...a former variety star who has malapropisms, memory loss and other similar problems. Each episode follows the Count in his daily business and causing confusion in almost every situation. First broadcast on 23 December 2005, Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! has had seven series and two radio specials. In 2009, the show won the Gold Sony Radio Academy Award for comedy, the highest honour for a British radio comedy..."The creation/role of Leeds actor Steve Delaney According to the Metro paper today, Kate Middleton (the Duchess of Cambridge) is a great fan of Count Arthur Strong. He is said to make her giggle a lot.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

jim wrote: Not a taxi driver. Apparently Eric parked up feeling unable to continue driving for any great distance, and asked a passing individual to direct him to the nearest hospital. This was a gentleman called Walter Butterworth, whose directions Eric found difficult to follow, and asked if Walter could drive him there. Walter said he was in the Territorials, and had only ever driven a tank! My reference ( Eric Morecambe Unseen, William Cook ) does not relate who drove, but they finally got to a hospital and Walter got an autograph.     Whatever happened to Walter Butterworth?

tilly

Post by tilly »

Johnny39 wrote: I think Eric & Ernie were playing either Wakefield or Batley when Eric had one of his heart attacks on his way back to an hotel in Leeds. If my memory serves me correctly he pulled up, late at night, and asked a passerby if he would drive him to hospital which he duly did. Anyone else recall this story? Yes i do Johnny 39 It was outside what was then Leeds Parish Church that he had to stop is car and ask for help. What am i doing just posted this then found out i was looking at page one from 2010 the lights on but nobody's home.LOL.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

original 1968 article on Walter Butterworth here with picture.he was then in the Leeds Rifles:http://www.morecambeandwise.com/viewpag ... pageid=270