Wednesday Evenings at The Grove

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

This used to be Unplugged Leeds and i think they changed the name after Terese left to Open Mind, though tbh i've not been there since her last night.Does anyone know if this is still running? Google doesn;t seem to be my friend this evening, and i'm not finding anything current to say it is (or isn;t).
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Just noticed that's from 2009.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

jim

Post by jim »

The September 2010 Grove Gig Guide flyer continues to list Wednesday nights as " Open Mind Acoustic Night".

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

Ah, cheers for that. I might drop in again then, it's been the longest time.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

jim

Post by jim »

Me too Crazy Jane. I stopped going on a semi-regular basis when Nick Strutt stopped doing the Tuesday Jam Sessions, though some of my musical colleagues still go along to one or t'other occasionally.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I've a mate who lives elsewhere in Yorkshire and if we ever meet up in Leeds he insists on a visit to The Grove. Usually it's a Saturday afternoon so there is no music on, so we just join in the conversation with the barman and the regulars - which can be entertaining enough on it's own.As he's also a bit of a musician, I doubt we'd ever get him out of there if he lived closer.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

You're not the same Jim who does the Car Boot Sale song are you? I can play piano some but was always too nervous to do it there, and my singing sucks pretty bad.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I go in The Grove often,usually at dinnertime and last time I was in about 2 months back they were advertising the unplugged nights.as an aside has anyone else looked at the really creepy painiting of the girls holding the cat that hangs in the public bar/ I asked where they got it once and the landlord said there was a tale and to ask his wife but I have never been there when she was around.Anybody know the story?I wouldn't want that painting hanging over my bed<LOL>!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Crazy Jane wrote: You're not the same Jim who does the Car Boot Sale song are you? I can play piano some but was always too nervous to do it there, and my singing sucks pretty bad. Looks like Jim is 'maintaining his air of mystery !'
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.