A Personal Memory of Scrumpies

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
purplezulu

Post by purplezulu »

cnosni wrote: purplezulu wrote: cnosni wrote: purplezulu wrote: Ah but just think - it will have done wonders for our immune systems. Anybody that went there regulaly will be immune to just about anything Thats why im rarely ill.Lets kick out the HiFi club (which currently occupies Scrumpies),paint it black,rip up the floor and replace it with a mixture of sugar and water,rip out the pipework beneath the urinal and set up a kitchen and serve to hungry headbangers.Before you know it well have a 2 day cure for swine flu! Thats is the first thing I'm gonna do when I win the lottery, kick out the invaders and bring back scrumpies Second thing is commission our own Phill D to put all his brilliant stuff into a book, a flipping great big book And you're right - rock of ages is just not the same, if you wear rose tinted specs then I go to the same opticians as you do Phils been working on a book for some time,just a shame theres no one with the direction and money to promote this.He needs a sugar daddy!! ha ha - well if I get the money I'll have to be a sugar Mummy
Better a 'sinner' than a hypocrite

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

Nice to see some love for the scabby ol' place here. I spent the bulk of my formative years there ('87-92) and I still miss it. It was a total hovel, but it was THE most fun place I've ever frequented. Never known a place as friendly since.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

LeeRatbag wrote: Nice to see some love for the scabby ol' place here. I spent the bulk of my formative years there ('87-92) and I still miss it. It was a total hovel, but it was THE most fun place I've ever frequented. Never known a place as friendly since. Indeed,we all still talk about it.I think i saw one occasion where the bouncers were needed in all that time.If i win the lottery ill open up the Crown and Fleece,buy out the adjacent properties,convert them into a new Scrumpies and stick the skulls back in their original place.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

johns68

Post by johns68 »

I used to go down with a bunch of mates on our 125's park up outside and go drink newkie brown, Mad Cath was a DJ? stay till the end then try and ride back to Armely without crashing or getting pulled. Good times