Secret Leeds forum

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

anthonydna wrote: We have a new thread ! Brill! Is it thick thread or thin thread.... (Been here before)I'm sure a lot of people look and maybe feel they will be 'outsiders' if they post but then, we all were once weren't we?All the folk who either regularly just read what others post or 'don't think they should', must have a wealth of new stuff to offer, remember it doesn't have to be mega spectacular, all revealing - some of the best threads here have developed from either something else posted or just an off-the-cuff comment and, bingo! a spark is lit somewhere and away we go! Most of all, SL has developed into a little community in its own right, and I'm proud to be in it for one.After all, a City the size of Leeds - we can't have exhausted it already - can we? [case in point, just read another post - sent my good friend Parksider a link to Cnosni's maps site - the poor chap became so overwhelmed by the site of a wiggly line on one that was once a trench, he's spent the day wearing out shoe-leather and getting his feet wet in walking up and down Wykebeck!!! ]

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Its a thin thread for a thick audience ! I know my market!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

anthonydna wrote: Its a thin thread for a thick audience ! I know my market! Well tat's stitched that one up then

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

anthonydna wrote: Its a thin thread for a thick audience ! I know my market! Glad to see the stout tradition of appalling jokes is being maintained by new posters.Welcome aboard the poor joke express,driven by yours truly(Brandy is the guard and Chameleon the ticket conductor)
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I've never seen a forum toot along so nice without anybody in control really, I know there have been a few spits and spats along the way, but by & large were left to our own devices, it's all very sporting & spiffing         
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: I've never seen a forum toot along so nice without anybody in control really, I know there have been a few spits and spats along the way, but by & large were left to our own devices, it's all very sporting & spiffing          Isn't spiffing in public an offence? Ah, no, those are ff s aren't they

purplezulu

Post by purplezulu »

Well I have to say it's rather jolly good is this forum As is the whole site. Everyone seems friendly and the moderators (is that what they are called on here) don't object to people having a bit of a jape and banter as long as it dosn't get too naughty, which is fair enough.Long live Secret Leeds - hip hip hooray
Better a 'sinner' than a hypocrite

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

Phill_dvsn wrote: I've never seen a forum toot along so nice without anybody in control really, I know there have been a few spits and spats along the way, but by & large were left to our own devices, it's all very sporting & spiffing          Spot on phill I for one look forward to reading the comments on S/L and we must not forget for every comment there could be hundreds of readers who do not post.I post when i think i have something to add but bow to the people on here whos knowledge has no bounds.Plus people like yourself who submit photographs that are in a class of there own long may you all prosper.    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

purplezulu wrote: Well I have to say it's rather jolly good is this forum As is the whole site. Everyone seems friendly and the moderators (is that what they are called on here) don't object to people having a bit of a jape and banter as long as it dosn't get too naughty, which is fair enough.Long live Secret Leeds - hip hip hooray ....That's probably because we're as guilty of it as any one else sometimesIn the early days of the site, admin kept a very tight rein on things and that just didn't happe, the site has evolved into quite a community since then and it's rare to have anything offencive come up. Good maxim maybe - if you wouldn't want yer Gran of=r kids to read it don't post it. Having said that, there's been a couple or so who don;t seem to care what Gran seesGlad you like it - keep posting.

kango

Post by kango »

Hi SundownerDid you get e-mails?