Cinderella Rockerfella's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Yes, I suppose it might have been ten bob to get in but sixpence would have been way short for what a pint would have cost, as confirmed by geoffb.According to wikipedia on Peter Stringfellow, it opened in 1970:'In 1970, he opened Cinderella's in Leeds.[2] This was Stringfellow's first super club, mixing recorded music and live bands.[10][13] In 1972, Stringfellow acquired a space next door to Cinderella to create another club called Rockafella's. This was the first and last of his super cabaret and super clubs. Comedy duo Mike & Bernie Winters and magician Paul Daniels performed at the club. The two clubs were combined in 1973 and given the name Cinderella Rockafella's, and Stringfellow dropped the cabaret and put in full-time DJs such as Chris Crossley and Peter Tyler. He and his brother, Paul Stringfellow, also served as DJs.'

Steve266

Post by Steve266 »

As I remember it, it was even worse than 10/6 52pence in todays money that was only for a half of Keg bitter you have to remember that when this place opened lads on there own could not get in you had to have a girlfriend or wait till a couple turned up and took you inAlso it was not aimed at the boozing crowd most of the people in there were mid twenties upwards and for me to go it was a big deal maybe once a year but the prices put most youngsters off and its the equivalent now of the clubs where they charge you 400euros for a bottle of Vodka and if you don't know where they are come here to Marbella
life is not a dress rehearsal

beefyburt

Re: Cinderella Rockerfella's

Post by beefyburt »

Cinders was for the every man and woman, but still expensive like all discos, and the dancefloor was tiny. Rockerfellas was very exclusive, deffo a tie, proper shoes etc. Very very expensive. All the stars and rich went there, no where else like it. My older brother ended his stagg night in Cinders, and got locked asleep in the mens toilets, to be found by the cleaner in the morning! Best memory was dancing to Happy Birthday by Altered Images on my friends birthday.

beefyburt

Re: Cinderella Rockerfella's

Post by beefyburt »

Cinders was for the every man and woman, but still expensive like all discos, and the dancefloor was tiny. Rockerfellas was very exclusive, deffo a tie, proper shoes etc. Very very expensive. All the stars and rich went there, no where else like it. My older brother ended his stagg night in Cinders, and got locked asleep in the mens toilets, to be found by the cleaner in the morning! Best memory was dancing to Happy Birthday by Altered Images on my friends birthday.