Cinderella Rockerfella's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
tilly

Post by tilly »

cnosni wrote: PC - Dublin wrote: I can remember well doing my appallingly bad wannabe John Travolta, Saturday Night Fever gyrations there 1977 (ish). Looking back on it now it was a bit of a contradiction given that I used also go to the concerts at Leeds University and Poly at the same time for a very different type of music!! (The Jam, Boomtown Rats, Ian Dury and the Blockheads). PC I am surprised that such a quiet and polite gentleman such as yourself undertook the above activities,tut tut. Me too cnosni not the same man we met a few months ago.He. He.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

tilly wrote: cnosni wrote: PC - Dublin wrote: I can remember well doing my appallingly bad wannabe John Travolta, Saturday Night Fever gyrations there 1977 (ish). Looking back on it now it was a bit of a contradiction given that I used also go to the concerts at Leeds University and Poly at the same time for a very different type of music!! (The Jam, Boomtown Rats, Ian Dury and the Blockheads). PC I am surprised that such a quiet and polite gentleman such as yourself undertook the above activities,tut tut. Me too cnosni not the same man we met a few months ago.He. He. Clearly a man of many (hidden) depths
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

PC - Dublin

Post by PC - Dublin »

cnosni wrote: tilly wrote: cnosni wrote: PC - Dublin wrote: I can remember well doing my appallingly bad wannabe John Travolta, Saturday Night Fever gyrations there 1977 (ish). Looking back on it now it was a bit of a contradiction given that I used also go to the concerts at Leeds University and Poly at the same time for a very different type of music!! (The Jam, Boomtown Rats, Ian Dury and the Blockheads). PC I am surprised that such a quiet and polite gentleman such as yourself undertook the above activities,tut tut. Me too cnosni not the same man we met a few months ago.He. He. Clearly a man of many (hidden) depths Now now tilly, I have the photographic evidence !!!!!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: tilly wrote: cnosni wrote: PC - Dublin wrote: I can remember well doing my appallingly bad wannabe John Travolta, Saturday Night Fever gyrations there 1977 (ish). Looking back on it now it was a bit of a contradiction given that I used also go to the concerts at Leeds University and Poly at the same time for a very different type of music!! (The Jam, Boomtown Rats, Ian Dury and the Blockheads). PC I am surprised that such a quiet and polite gentleman such as yourself undertook the above activities,tut tut. Me too cnosni not the same man we met a few months ago.He. He. Clearly a man of many (hidden) depths Oooh, so many very satisfying memories of an earlier life at Cinders - but I'd have to moderate most of 'em out even before posting    

johnsy

Post by johnsy »

Saw Chris Crossley on Come Dine With Me yesterday and was sure he was 'Little Chris' from Cinderellas. I also used to regularly frequent Kikos at Pontefract when he was there in the early 70s and was surprised to see him working in a club in Burnley and a few years later in Josephine's in Sheffield. He'd always remember and accuse me of stalking him (as if!). In Josephine's he'd offer a bottle of (cheap) bubbly to girls on hen nights who's let him fit a garter on their legs (trying to fit them as far up as they'd let him!).Was sure it was him as soon as I heard the name and saw his diminutive frame, even after all this time (early/mid '70s!), so decided to Google him and found this site!Kikos was also where the John Godber play 'Bouncers' was based, if you've seen it. Things weren't that bad when I went on a Saturday night, but the play was set a little later, probably late 70s/early 80s up to it being closed.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I thought I recognised the bloke on Come Dine but I couldn't remember where from. Since I didn't really frequent Cinderella's, only went once or twice, would I have seen him at any other venue?

Steve266

Post by Steve266 »

Hi new to this lark so be gentle with meCinderella's remember you had to que out side to get in, then go up stairs, No Rockerfella's in thoses days. Bouncer was an extra on one of the bond films then when you got inside10 shillings and sixpence for a beer but you were one of the beautiful peopleInterior designed by Gillinson Barnett Achitects in the Merrion Centre all the tables had pictures of GoGo girls printed on to the formica and around the wallsAll run by Peter Stringfellow and his brother with matching E Type v12's in black nearly as bigger poser as me
life is not a dress rehearsal

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

10/6 for a beer? Well, decimal currency came in in 1971 and I believe a pint in a normal pub was about 2/6 to 3s at that time, so surely not four times as much?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Geordie-exile wrote: 10/6 for a beer? Well, decimal currency came in in 1971 and I believe a pint in a normal pub was about 2/6 to 3s at that time, so surely not four times as much? Geordie he may mean 10 shillings in and the 6old pence (2.5p) a pint although that too doesn't ring all that true because even for cheap beer would you pay the equivalent of 20pints to get in to buy it. Agreed on the pricing though as decimilisation was 10 years before I could legally buy a pint and I am pretty certain it was 3-4 years after that before I paid £1 a pint.    
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

tyke bhoy wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: 10/6 for a beer? Well, decimal currency came in in 1971 and I believe a pint in a normal pub was about 2/6 to 3s at that time, so surely not four times as much? Geordie he may mean 10 shillings in and the 6old pence (2.5p) a pint although that too doesn't ring all that true because even for cheap beer would you pay the equivalent of 20pints to get in to buy it. Agreed on the pricing though as decimilisation was 10 years before I could legally buy a pint and I am pretty certain it was 3-4 years after that before I paid £1 a pint.     It was 2/6 for a pint of DD in the Mecca, then it increased to 15p the weekend after decimalisation, robbing gits. I thought Cinderellas opened after this around 1972