rock pub

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
gothic

Post by gothic »

right for the first time in 4 years i'm coming to leeds to see my old school (newcliffe, cliff house in wortley) which i've heard looks a shell of her former self so i'm going over to look at her so i'll need a drink afterwards if she looks as bad as i've been told!!So where are the best rock pubs in leeds. because when i lived in leeds i never went out and i was then a chav (sorry)And could you tell where they are as well please!
Into the sky we win or we die!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Apparetnly the Hell part of "Heaven and Hell" in the Grand Arcadehas been turned in to Leeds' Rio's.THe Duck and Drake has live music on Thursday nights but that tends to be more bluesy rock Clapton/Led Zep/........The Grove a CAMRA favourite also has live music but not sure what genre and how often/when.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

AliceCake

Post by AliceCake »

The Mixing Tin is pretty good with live music every night and stuff... x

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

HiFi club is good but not really rock, The Faversham and Josephs Well are both worth a look.

bigpants

Post by bigpants »

cant beat mojos. since the demise of scrumpies we havent had a proper filthy dark rock club - the phono came close but wasnt the same. Mojos plays a good mix (possibly more indie than pure rock) but has a great atmosphere and doenst play any chart nonesense or RnB type drivel. Plus its reputedly owned by the guitarist from the cult.......Atrium do a night with green day and stuff but i cant remember when it is. If you want proper rock/metal then check out the web for the next "rock of ages" night at the uni - this is ususally three good rock tribute bands (ABCD, Iron-on-maiden and the like) then a rock disco type thing. always been a top night whenever ive been.

munki

Post by munki »

Ahhh... Photos of the Phono PLEASE! I totally kick myself that I seem to have avoided owning a camera for most of the 1990s.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

floodland

Post by floodland »

munki wrote: Ahhh... Photos of the Phono PLEASE! I totally kick myself that I seem to have avoided owning a camera for most of the 1990s. i reserve the right not to identify myself on any that may surface though!

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

munki wrote: Ahhh... Photos of the Phono PLEASE! I totally kick myself that I seem to have avoided owning a camera for most of the 1990s. It's funny, but nobody ever seemed to take a camera to the Phono. I have a few photos of Scrumpies somewhere though...

munki

Post by munki »

Possibly it was just too dark in there to be worth taking photos. And it is hard to take pictures with sunglasses on!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

munki wrote: Possibly it was just too dark in there to be worth taking photos. And it is hard to take pictures with sunglasses on! There is that, of course...