Amnesia?

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Foz

Post by Foz »

I'm not sure if it this place was a nightclub or a venue but it was open in 1981. Does anyone remember where 'Amnesia' was? (pun not intended).

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Can't say I've ever heard of it sorry!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

mmmmmmm sorry i carnt remember lol no seriouslywasn't it in city square??new romantic place
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

ExplorerRich

Post by ExplorerRich »

Only Amnesia nightclub I've ever heard of, (and thrown some serious shapes in), is in Ibiza......... the drinks ain't cheap either

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Seems Depeche Mode and Soft Cell played there. http://www.depeche-mode.ru/index.php?ch ... dspelltour

Glenny3363

Post by Glenny3363 »

There is, apparently, a bootleg album of Soft Cell playing the Amnesia, suprising what a quick bit of Googling can dig up!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Juan23

Post by Juan23 »

Foz wrote: I'm not sure if it this place was a nightclub or a venue but it was open in 1981. Does anyone remember where 'Amnesia' was? (pun not intended). Bit late on this, but "Amnesia" was, as correctly stated above, situated in the old (Yorkshire??) bank building just off City Square on the corner of Boar Lane and Bishopsgate Street. It wasn't open for very long (1981/1982?) and eventually became "The Observatory" sometime in the mid '80s.

Geneva

Post by Geneva »

I remember the Amnesia club - it was on the corner of Boar Lane by the station. It went on to be the Observatory and then Flares. I think it was the Amnesia for only a short time - remember seeing Mark Almond (Soft Cell) in there once. Not sure but before being the Amnesia I think it was called Bistro 5 more of a coffee bar.Other places we used to go at the time were, Valentinos a bar down stairs from the precinct area off Briggate and Jacomellies which was a bar above the Bernie Inns restaurant.

mjg1320

Re: Amnesia?

Post by mjg1320 »

Oh yes loved the Amnesia in 1981. Closed before long and and I graduated to the Warehouse. Happy days

j.c.d.

Re: Amnesia?

Post by j.c.d. »

I think the Building was originally Barclays but can't find the right picture to check.