BANDS

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Si

Post by Si »

My brother played a charity golf match with two of the Grumbleweeds - the short one and the tall bearded one. While my brother and the tall one were looking for a lost ball, the other guy took a shot and hit his bandmate on the head. The following day, my brother was having a pint with the injured Grumbleweed, when the latter's mobile received a text message. It simply said, "Fore!"

stevief

Post by stevief »

Si wrote: My brother played a charity golf match with two of the Grumbleweeds - the short one and the tall bearded one. While my brother and the tall one were looking for a lost ball, the other guy took a shot and hit his bandmate on the head. The following day, my brother was having a pint with the injured Grumbleweed, when the latter's mobile received a text message. It simply said, "Fore!" Nice one Si.The Grumbleweeds were regularly on 'Tiswas' years agoI can remember one of them doing a Jimmy Saville impression,it sounded better than the man himself.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

Reginal Perrin wrote: The Expelled Actually, they were from Wakefield. Played in Leeds a lot though. I used to be in a band with the bassist. Quote: Whitesnake. Eh? David Coverdale was from Saltburn-By-The-Sea (near Whitby), don't think any of the rest of them were from Leeds.Oh, and Motorhead drummer Philthy Animal Taylor grew up in Leeds.    

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

stevief wrote: Si wrote: My brother played a charity golf match with two of the Grumbleweeds - the short one and the tall bearded one. While my brother and the tall one were looking for a lost ball, the other guy took a shot and hit his bandmate on the head. The following day, my brother was having a pint with the injured Grumbleweed, when the latter's mobile received a text message. It simply said, "Fore!" Nice one Si.The Grumbleweeds were regularly on 'Tiswas' years agoI can remember one of them doing a Jimmy Saville impression,it sounded better than the man himself. they had their own radio show as wellnatural comedians.they started out as ap'proper' band, but the comedy took over.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Reginal Perrin wrote: It's not that bad. Mission, Sisters of Mercy, Soft Cell, Chmebawumba, Wedding Present, Cud, Bridewell Taxis, LFO, Utah Saints, Knightmares on Wax, The Mekons, Gang of Four, The Expelled, Kaiser cheifs, Pigeon Detectives, The Music, Forward Russia, Sunshine Underfround, Corrinne Bailey Rae, Age of Chance, Pale Saints, Whitesnake.Leeds was named best music hotspot by NME in 2004.We might not have too many stadium bands but we should be proud of our small hall culture. Reggie,who in Whitesnake was from Leeds,was it a roady?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Willy

Post by Willy »

Went to school with Paul/Barry Ryanabout 1959,Harehills School,Roundhay Road.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Willy wrote: Went to school with Paul/Barry Ryanabout 1959,Harehills School,Roundhay Road. Their mother was a singer too - Marion Ryan - she used to appear on "Spot the Tune" a music quiz on ITV. Showing my age again - but at least I'm not as old as 'arry
Industria Omnia Vincit

simonm

Post by simonm »

Just to say. Nightmares on wax , aka, George is a good family friend and my son did ALL the art work on Carboot soul and 50% of the work on smokers delight, along with leigh kenny, who was "bedlam agogo", anothe Leed band that had quality, if limited success!     
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Trojan wrote: Willy wrote: Went to school with Paul/Barry Ryanabout 1959,Harehills School,Roundhay Road. Their mother was a singer too - Marion Ryan - she used to appear on "Spot the Tune" a music quiz on ITV. Showing my age again - but at least I'm not as old as 'arry didn't she sing with various dance bands as well? had a few hit records in the 50s
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees