lost bars of leeds city centre

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Crumpled note in pocket Mr Wiggy, covered in Spangle stickiness and pocket fluff!!! ;-)

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Leeds Lass wrote: Crumpled note in pocket Mr Wiggy, covered in Spangle stickiness and pocket fluff!!! ;-) p.t in your pants again deborah!!!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Oki doki!!! Punishment duly accepted from Sir Wiggy!!! ;-)

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Frisbee, in answer to your message I remember the bar under the Jubilee (opposite the Town Hall) as Wigs Wine Bar in the 70s/80s.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

The Athaenium(sp?) Tavern where BabyCream is now, opposite the Library. Before the Bond Street centre was there, there was a Berni Inn about where the escalator is now. That was an easy underage ale purchasing bar.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

There was one on Cookridge Street (?) iin the seventies called The Brahms and Liszt
Industria Omnia Vincit

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

That was on East Parade, I think the Bank Of India is there now.

Hirdstreet

Post by Hirdstreet »

As an old punk the main place for me was the F.Club opposite the new penny downstairs.Spent the best part of my youth in here and saw countless bands through the late 70s early 80s and then there was adam & eves, downstairs in the old Central on the right up the street opposite the Duncan.Nick toxyck used to run the Natural Disasters nights in here and the bands that played here were a whos who of punk.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

The F' Club was the place I first saw Joy Division, they were supported by Cabaret Voltaire. Changed my life forever.

townie

Post by townie »

Does anyone know what the bar that is on the front of the Merrion Centre, was called Edwards at one time, originally called? Before the glass frontage was put on. Also what was the late night curry house called near the market you went up a few flights of stairs and it was long and thin? HELP.