Lost Night-Clubs of Leeds!

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

From a report in this mornings YEP, Gatecrasher (formerly many other names, including Mr Craigs) may be about to join this august list.It's subject to a temporary 7 day licence suspension, with a full licensing review to be held.http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6702457.jp
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I was looking for something on Leodis, as yer do, and saw this. I totally forgot about this place.Brummells in Nunroyd Park.    
Attachments
__TFMF_syxpxx45d4t20z4514lmli45_c81c6202-9411-47a5-a84c-2277505577de_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_syxpxx45d4t20z4514lmli45_c81c6202-9411-47a5-a84c-2277505577de_0_main.jpg (59.73 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Chrism wrote: I was looking for something on Leodis, as yer do, and saw this. I totally forgot about this place.Brummells in Nunroyd Park.     And what a sorry state it's in!! It was the home of the owner of Peates Mill and was gifted to the council along with Nunroyd Park for the use of local people. Once the headquarters for the ATC it has been in slow decline ever since. It has been a pub/restaurant and latterly Brummels. It has been vandalised and boarded up for the last few years and a new "for lease" board has appeared recently. It's such a shame it is being left to rot,though I don't think the council will be able to sell it due to it being donated.

FLOJO

Post by FLOJO »

Chrism wrote: I was looking for something on Leodis, as yer do, and saw this. I totally forgot about this place.Brummells in Nunroyd Park.     where abouts is Nunroyd Park, after been away for nearly 20 years i am starting to forget places.
Ex Leeds Lass

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

FLOJO wrote: Chrism wrote: I was looking for something on Leodis, as yer do, and saw this. I totally forgot about this place.Brummells in Nunroyd Park.     where abouts is Nunroyd Park, after been away for nearly 20 years i am starting to forget places. When travelling from Rawdon to Guiseley, Nunroyd Park is the lovely grass area on the right between Kirk Lane and the Nunroyd housing estate. It used to lie opposite Aireborough Grammar School and Peate's Mill but both of these are long since demolished - the school site is now "desirable residences" built (I believe but could be wrong) from the stone of the school, and the old Mill area is now a shopping complex, Argos, Curry's etc.Incidentally, although I pass there regularly, I hadn't noticed that the former Nunroyd pub was out of use.    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

wezbash

Post by wezbash »

raveydavey wrote: And "The News" underneath the Queen Hotel with the revolving dancefloor, which became the Bondai Beach Bar (after my time) and is now set to be Leeds biggests gentlemens bar that went on to be hi-flyers in the 90's rave days was a nice little club i thought with some good dj's too .

wezbash

Post by wezbash »

[quotenick] Uropa which is now Gatecrasher. Nato on Boar Lane. Bedrooms some where near Maplin on Regent street.wot was it called b4 uropa back in the 90's my minds gone blank ,the bedrooms on lady lane that was after the only club in leeds to get a asbo old casa locos never went in myself as casas but near some tales about it ,

wezbash

Post by wezbash »

[quotenick]The Chocolate factory was a night on the top floor of Rockshots where they also had Back to Basics. back to basics first home b4 they moved to the music factory then in old gallery in the 90's,    

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

wezbash wrote: [quotenick] Uropa which is now Gatecrasher. Nato on Boar Lane. Bedrooms some where near Maplin on Regent street. wot was it called b4 uropa back in the 90's my minds gone blankMr Craigs
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

wezbash wrote: raveydavey wrote: And "The News" underneath the Queen Hotel with the revolving dancefloor, which became the Bondai Beach Bar (after my time) and is now set to be Leeds biggests gentlemens bar that went on to be hi-flyers in the 90's rave days was a nice little club i thought with some good dj's too . Was that High-flyers? I thought that was Planet Earth then became Bondi.