Leeds Historypin Project

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
LibrarySally

Leeds Historypin Project

Post by LibrarySally »

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to apologies for posting this in a forum which didn't have any topics which seemed wholly relevant, so please forgive me for that, but I'm hoping some of you will be interested in this!
My name is Sally Hughes; I am the Historypin Outreach Librarian for Leeds Library and Information Service.
I am working on a 15month long Big Lottery project; Historypin Connections. The project aims to bring older adults together to share their stories and memoires of Leeds and bring a personal, everyday perspective on the way we view the history of Leeds.
I am looking for individuals or groups of older adults from across the city to participate in the project. We will start with relaxed chats and activities in local areas and gradually build up to sharing individual stories which will be recorded and culminated into aural, visual and digital documents to be proud of. Participants can have as much or as little involvement in the production of their stories from initial meetings to scanning photographs and editing their recordings for example.

As I can see from Secret Leeds you all have heaps of knowledge, if anyone would like to share it, and ultimately be willing to be recorded as part of the project (and also for you to keep, along with a 'timeline' style document at the end of the project) I would love to hear from you. If anyone is part of, or knows of any social/history groups who would be interested in this please feel free to share my contact details.

Along with participants I am also looking for volunteers to help out with the project from planning and facilitating group sessions to editing oral histories!

If this is something you or someone you know would like to be involved in please contact me on 0113 2478271 or [email protected]

Again I do apologise for posting in this particular forum, but it seemed the most appropriate out of all the forum themes!

With kind regards,

Sally Hughes
Historypin Outreach Librarian
Leeds Central Library

volvojack

Re: Leeds Historypin Project

Post by volvojack »

I would gladly like to join in having spent a large part of my 80 years in Leeds but unfortunately I live down in Gloucester these days.
I would think that some of the older lads around here should get together with this Lady sometime, maybe in the Adelphi Pub and give her the wisdom of your years ( As it seems this is a Lottery sponsored project there might be even a couple of pints in it) Any way Good Luck with this effort whoever partakes in it.

LibrarySally

Re: Leeds Historypin Project

Post by LibrarySally »

Thank you for the reply volvojack ! Yes please do get in touch if anyone would like to chat!

Sally.