buckles/windsors from north leeds

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
paulbuck1979

buckles/windsors from north leeds

Post by paulbuck1979 »

Hi everyone.

I saw a post on here regarding a bookie "jim windsor" but cant find it now.

Ive just recently found out my grans maiden name was windsor born 1936 in leeds.
Does anyone know if jim windsor had any children. I wondered if my gran may have been one?

Also if anyone knows of the Buckle family "harry buckle" my grandad was born in 1935 i believe in west riding? Birth records say leeds north??

His mothers maiden name was "Hewitt".

Thats as much as i know but im keen to trace the Buckle, windsor and hewitt families from north leeds.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Thanks
paul

tyke bhoy

Re: buckles/windsors from north leeds

Post by tyke bhoy »

http://www.secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?t=1544 - Jim Windsor thread
http://www.secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?t=3646 *another thread he's mentioned in

I'm sure CNOSNI and one or two other genealogists will be of some help tracing possible family for you
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

I know Jim had at least one daughter who married Billy Brown. Jim had him take on the Windsor name after the marriage and gave him a responsible job in the firm. henceforth he was William Windsor Brown.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

As Buckle is not a particularly common surname I wonder if the once active chain of Buckle's News shops in Leeds may have any relevance? There is also the closed Buckle's cafe and sandwich shop among the empty premises at the bottom of Lady Lane. It's just a thought.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Hi Paul
It is best to concentrate on one branch at a time else it gets confusing so lets start with the Buckle's a nice & easy surname to research.

Your Grandad Harry Buckle his birth was registered in the 2cnd quarter of 1935 Leeds North

His parents were Harry N Buckle born Knaresborough 17th June 1914 died York in 1971 & Polly Hewitt

It appears your Grandad was born out of wedlock as Harry & Polly got married in the 2cnd quarter of 1937 Leeds South

Harry N Buckle's father was Dennis Buckle born 28 Dec 1889 at Elmswell Suffolk died York 1973, he married Edith Darbyshire in the 4th quarter of 1912 at Knaresborough

There is a lot more. If you message me with your email address I will do a family tree

Michael

paulbuck1979

Post by paulbuck1979 »

Hi uncle mick and others.
Your information here is great news and fantastic read. I really appreicate this a lot.

Id love to take u up on the offer of family tree if thats ok?

Thanks so much everyone

Paul
Last edited by paulbuck1979 on Wed 31 Dec, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Hi Paul.
I have sent you a email, let me know if you receive it then you can edit your email address out of your post

valetta varsity

Post by valetta varsity »

There was a Buckles Shop in Lower Wortley in the 50s/60s,most of the family worked in there, i remember Leonard and Maureen.they sold everything inc wines and spirits.theres a photo on Wortley Memories.showing the shop