True Identity of a fallen soldier in the Great War Part - 10

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leo, i knew Jim wasnt on about you.I see you as the person who is documenting what is happening in Leeds right now and long may you continue to do so.Jim, i believe, was referring to other similar sites that really just seem to consist of "What and Where?" elements so to speak.Its fine having a "What and Where" element as it can lead on to many tangents, but if every post or thread became like this then it would be pretty stale on SL.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Leo, i knew Jim wasnt on about you.I see you as the person who is documenting what is happening in Leeds right now and long may you continue to do so.Jim, i believe, was referring to other similar sites that really just seem to consist of "What and Where?" elements so to speak.Its fine having a "What and Where" element as it can lead on to many tangents, but if every post or thread became like this then it would be pretty stale on SL. Quite so, and I also endorse all these sentiments. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but often without those words, a picture can mean several things - or mean nothing at all.We see allsorts of posts on here and as Chris rightly says (as I have too) it's amazing what a chance comment can lead to as we have seen in many threads; on a more personal note there, jogon's seemingly simple post, recollecting his schooldays no less, and seeing an imposing statue in a garden he passed daily has led to Mrs C embarking on an enhanced genealogy expedition on one of my ancestors which has uncovered much more than we knew already and brought interest from a University stateside, Sheik someone or other searching for a lost carved bust worked by my (if I've got it right) great, great grandfather. So nothing should be too quickly regarded as insignificant, and we try to give most topics a fighting chance unless they are really way off course.So Leo and everyone else, keep things coming