Melva Louise

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

I think it does say Springhill. Maybe there were two Springhill Taverns at one time then...

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Searcher wrote: I am trying to find my sister Melva Louise. She was born 8/2/1946 at Springhill Tavern, North Hall Street, Leeds. Her mother was Mary. I was told that around the age of two she was adopted, possible by a Leeds Grocer. Hi Searcher. I don't know how far you have gone in your quest to find your sister, I don't want to sound despondent but as you know it's a extremely difficult task.You may have done this but if not you could add yourself to the Adoptive Contact Registerhttps://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoptio ... gisterGood luck

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

I can now say for certain that the pub IS called the Springhill Tavern. Thanks to some very kind people at Leeds Central Library who looked it up for me.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Searcher wrote: I can now say for certain that the pub IS called the Springhill Tavern. Thanks to some very kind people at Leeds Central Library who looked it up for me. It's possible they just looked at Leodis and found the details referred to above which may or may not be correct.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Searcher wrote: I can now say for certain that the pub IS called the Springhill Tavern. Thanks to some very kind people at Leeds Central Library who looked it up for me. Difficult to read but ...................
Attachments
spring hill t.jpeg
spring hill t.jpeg (17.81 KiB) Viewed 2393 times

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

The people at the library checked it out in a Trade Directory and also the voters list which confirms the name of the Pub