Jackie Overfield Leeds Utd ?

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

Hi everyone Zoenel here again, on hubbys username! hope everyones ok,? I have found this to be the best site online and im needing some help again in my on going family research., Im looking for any information or family of Jackie Overfield who it turns out is my 2nd cousin! Heres what I know so far. Jackie Overfield was born 14th May 1932 in Leeds his parents were Jim William Overfield and Marjorie Hairyes 1907/1944.who married in June 1928 in Bramley Leeds.in 1946 Jackie was living in Roundy Park in Leeds with his father Jim Overfield and my father David hairyes and my grandfather Eric Hairyes too. From 1955-1960 Jack Overfield played for leeds utd as a winger he married Jean Swift in 1956. and Jacquline Overfield bron 1959 and one other daughter that i know of Jan Overfield. in 1967.Jack is alive and living in leeds .Any information or stories to help me fill in the gaps would be much apprecitased,thanks from Zoe
nicholas hairyes

liits

Post by liits »

Does Blue Hill Lane, Wortley ring any bells?

nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

liits wrote: Does Blue Hill Lane, Wortley ring any bells? Blue hill Lane doesnt ring a bell.apoligies ive stratred a new thread .who lived a tblue hill lane? thanks. Does anyone know of Jackie? or can anyone point me in the right direction of photogrphs or family of Jackkie,thanks Zoe
nicholas hairyes

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This link to Jackie Overfield may be of interest:- http://tinyurl.com/cx562zfI may be wrong but I seem to recall that Jackie lived in or near the Osmondthorpe area (my growing up area) of Leeds while he was playing for Leeds United.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Jackie Overfield - Started with Yorkshire Amateurs who played at Bracken Edge. Leeds United 55-60, Sunderland 60-63, Peterborough 63-64, Bradford City 64-65. Left winger. Sorry that's all I know, but I did see him play.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Johnny39 wrote: Jackie Overfield - Started with Yorkshire Amateurs who played at Bracken Edge. Leeds United 55-60, Sunderland 60-63, Peterborough 63-64, Bradford City 64-65. Left winger. Sorry that's all I know, but I did see him play. Sorry, but have you tried Google? Could be helpful.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

There is a photo of the Leeds Utd team with Jackie Overfield here :http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/l ... 9.htmlAlso if you click on the years above the photo there are other team pics with Jackie on them.Regards.    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

One of the best sites for information about Leeds United through the years was generated by a bloke called Jabba and was updated weekly with news of the latest match.The site has now stopped being updated - hope Jabba is fit and well - but a static copy can be found on the internet for information retrieval.The page for Jackie Overfield is here....http://www.leeds-fans.org.uk/leeds/play ... tml....and the following information is included:Popular and pacy left-winger who was picked up on a free from Yorkshire Amateurs after Sheffield United had turned down the chance to sign the Leeds-born player. Played a crucial part in the Leeds side that climbed back up to Division 1 in 1956 and kept his place through three years before being released to Sunderland in 1960.Pippa and Gareth Horton say: Jack Overfeild:Ann Horton(nee Overfield) is our Nana, we have never met Jack but would like to know a bit more about him. We only have one old family photo of jack playing and would like to see a few more photos/pictures of him.Phil says: The first gamer I saw was Arsenal v. Leeds at Highbury in 1957. My two memories were Leeds striking blue and gold strip and Jack's sprinting down the wing - he had a fine gameJan Overfield says: I met Jack Overfield over 41 years ago. He is the best. Modest,honest,kindhearted and supportive.(but then I would say that,Jack Overfield is my dad.) He is enjoying his retirement playing lots and lots of golf, regardless of the weather. He is keeping well and extremely active. If I can help you with anything else, let me know.Jimmy says: Jackie was a thrill to watch, I remember as a lad watching the game and looking forward to Jackie getting on the ball. Hope all is well Jack you will never be forgotten.John Corcoran says: Hi is Jack still going strong and if so would it be possible to get in touch with him. A Sunderland fan.Jan Overfield says: Jack doesn't use the internet but I could forward a letter of some kind to him and I'm sure he'll get back in touch with you my email is: j.overfield1 _at_ ntlworld.com, ThanksHope this is useful.Just for the record, I saw Jack play too. Our old man used to take us down in the late fifties. I was just a boy then but I seem to remember that as well as his speed and skill on the ball, Jack had plenty of hair.Funny what comes to mind.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Should have added that the comments on Jabba's internet site are not dated. So no way of knowing when they were posted. Some may be several years old.    

nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Should have added that the comments on Jabba's internet site are not dated. So no way of knowing when they were posted. Some may be several years old.     thanks for all your information, informative and fasinating as ever. Does anyone know any relatives of Jack I could contact or any family on this site? thanks
nicholas hairyes