Lost uncles &aunts!

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Derek

Post by Derek »

My mother was Lilian Rose Helen Smith of Beeston Hill, born 1900. She had 6 sisters and 7 brothers, but I can only remember half of them. I would like to add to my family tree, but seaching "Smith" is a big job! The last survivor was her sister Phyllis who died age 103 in Bosten Spa. Unfortunately, I left it too late to get any info. We lost touch during WW@ when I lived in Alwoodley Park, and we had no transport for visiting. My Dad had the "King Lane Fruit Stores " on the King Lane Parade. Other siblings were, Ada, Nellie, Marjory, Lucy, Richard, Reginald, Sidney. Any help would be appreciated. Derek T
Derek T

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Derek wrote: My mother was Lilian Rose Helen Smith of Beeston Hill, born 1900. She had 6 sisters and 7 brothers, but I can only remember half of them. I would like to add to my family tree, but seaching "Smith" is a big job! The last survivor was her sister Phyllis who died age 103 in Bosten Spa. Unfortunately, I left it too late to get any info. We lost touch during WW@ when I lived in Alwoodley Park, and we had no transport for visiting. My Dad had the "King Lane Fruit Stores " on the King Lane Parade. Other siblings were, Ada, Nellie, Marjory, Lucy, Richard, Reginald, Sidney. Any help would be appreciated. Derek T Hello DerekDo you have details of Lilian's parents,mainly their names and place of birth,mothers maiden name?Cant promise anything but may at least be able to have a lokk if you can supply them.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Derek wrote: My mother was Lilian Rose Helen Smith of Beeston Hill, born 1900. She had 6 sisters and 7 brothers, but I can only remember half of them. I would like to add to my family tree, but seaching "Smith" is a big job! The last survivor was her sister Phyllis who died age 103 in Bosten Spa. Unfortunately, I left it too late to get any info. We lost touch during WW@ when I lived in Alwoodley Park, and we had no transport for visiting. My Dad had the "King Lane Fruit Stores " on the King Lane Parade. Other siblings were, Ada, Nellie, Marjory, Lucy, Richard, Reginald, Sidney. Any help would be appreciated. Derek T I think have found 11 siblings for your motherJames Edward Dob circa 1887 Lucy Isabella Dob circa 1889Sarah Ellen Dob circa 1891Richard Hugh Dob circa 1895Ada Doris Dob circa 1897Clifford Parry Dob circa 1898Reginald Dob circa 1905Sidney Septimus Dob circa 1905Phillis Dob circa 1907Fred Dob circa 1910Margery Dob circa 1913The parents were Thomas Parry Smith and Jane Elizabeth Storr who were married in Leeds on 19th August 1886If you require more detailed info my email is in my profile    

Derek

Post by Derek »

Secret Leeds really is terrific! I appealed for help in finding lost relatives. in no time I had help from "uncle mick" who has given me more help than I could have expected in a lifetime! Thanks to Secret Leeds and especially to uncle mick.
Derek T

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Derek wrote: Secret Leeds really is terrific! I appealed for help in finding lost relatives. in no time I had help from "uncle mick" who has given me more help than I could have expected in a lifetime! Thanks to Secret Leeds and especially to uncle mick. Thank you for your appreciation

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I note sidney has the middle name Septimus meaning 7th but there are 8 counting him.This made me wonder whether the other 1905 sibling was actually a miscarriage, or stillborn?Septimus was often used for a Seventh son as well.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!