1911 Census online

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

If you read a little further into the piece on the 1911 census on Ancestry.co.uk (Keep clicking on the "more" button) I think you will find that it will be available to SUBSCRIBERS ONLY at "no additional Cost" I think hopes of access to the 1911 census totally free of charge are wide of the mark, at the moment at least.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Barwicker wrote: If you read a little further into the piece on the 1911 census on Ancestry.co.uk (Keep clicking on the "more" button) I think you will find that it will be available to SUBSCRIBERS ONLY at "no additional Cost" I think hopes of access to the 1911 census totally free of charge are wide of the mark, at the moment at least. I didnt think for one minute that it was not for subscribers,it was noted in an earlier message that it was free to subscribers.But i can tell you that i have spent more this year on viewing 1911 census transcripts (i wont pay the extortianate amount for actual images) than i have paid for my Ancestry subscription.Combine the huge amount of data that Ancestry holds for their subscribers in comparison to the smaller and individually payable records on Findmypast and id say that its days could be numbered.I would say that would be bad news for FH in general,as we need alternative researchers coming up with alternative records and also a point of comparison for transcripts undertaken by Ancestry and vice versa.Hence my belief that Findmypast and Genes should remove the pretence that they are two seperate entities and allow their members to have a subscription that enables unlimited searches.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]