Never beena KFC!!

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
ads

Post by ads »

Could it be because KFC is more of a teatime / evening type of food rather than a day time staple. This would explain why they do well in the suberbs rather than the town centre. Reggie, I saw from other forums you post in that Rothwell may be getting a KFC. Where did you get that from? I cant find anything anywhere. I have also heard rumours that one of the new units in Woodlesford is going to be a KFC or a Domino's Pizza, although I can't find anything concrete about that either

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

ads wrote: Could it be because KFC is more of a teatime / evening type of food rather than a day time staple. This would explain why they do well in the suberbs rather than the town centre. Reggie, I saw from other forums you post in that Rothwell may be getting a KFC. Where did you get that from? I cant find anything anywhere. I have also heard rumours that one of the new units in Woodlesford is going to be a KFC or a Domino's Pizza, although I can't find anything concrete about that either I had heard that it was but it fell t horugh. It was the end unit ont he new Jail Yard row of shops. I've heard about Dominos at Lidl in Oulton but can't see them doing a roaring trade as we have three very good independent pizza places in Karvanis, Pizza1 and Alfresco. KFC however, would do OK I'm sure. I reckon we might do a bargain bucket once every now and again.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

simong

Post by simong »

Reginal Perrin wrote: Subway is a franchise business. I rest my case. There are around 10 Subway's in Leeds City Centre and there are plenty of retail opportunities which are regularly taken up by businesses not disimilar to KFC. What confidence do they have in their brand that it would not succeed in the second largest city in tthe UK? Again, I have no idea why this would be, I'm just chucking out suggestions. One point though, is that Subway are committed to a huge expansion in the UK at the moment - I seem to recall they want 2000 stores - and you'll find that most if not all of the shops in Leeds will belong to different franchisees. There should be a name plate on the wall behind the checkout.The time idea seems plausible too though and if KFC is positioning itself as a destination for dinner/tea, they wouldn't need one in the city centre because of the relatively small population of the last 20 years or so, so again maybe it will change.

ARGIE

Post by ARGIE »

You're not seriously suggesting that Leeds is the second largest city in the UK are you? I think you'll find that honour belongs to Birmingham.Or have I completely mis-understood your post?LondonB'ham And the argue among yourselves about the merits of Manchester / Glasgow / Leeds / Liverpool depending on what your criteria is...

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

We have had this argument on here before Argie.London is an amalgam of two small cities (Westminster and London) and 30+ boroughs. So the London conurbation maybe big but there isn't a big city.Similarly Manchester also has several boroughs and the City of Salford included in its bounds.Liverpool is shrinking in population terms and is smaller than even the pre 1974 Leeds City boundaries who's current population is about 500,000 of the 700,000+ in the post 74 boundary.Glasgow also has a shrinking population but haven't seen arguments for it being smaller than Leeds.Brum? No Comment!
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

kfc is a joke now the one at greengates is rubbish.and the one at guisley well thats a complete joke, the staff polite as they are cannot speak a word of english, so when you ask for somthing, all you get is a blank look off them.the food is well lets say low grade at the least. not like it was when i was a lad. kfc has gone downhill. the only one that i found is still good, is in skegness next to train station. ut its a long way to go lol

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

ARGIE wrote: You're not seriously suggesting that Leeds is the second largest city in the UK are you? I think you'll find that honour belongs to Birmingham.Or have I completely mis-understood your post?LondonB'ham And the argue among yourselves about the merits of Manchester / Glasgow / Leeds / Liverpool depending on what your criteria is... Yes the trouble is Manchester is a large conurbation, which includes Salford and Trafford. But then I suppose Leeds/Bradford is quite a large conurabtion too - after all travelling along through Stanningley, where does Leeds end and Bradford start?I'm not sure about popluation, but Sheffield covers a huge area. If I'm not mistaken about 13 miles by 7.
Industria Omnia Vincit

Si

Post by Si »

Trojan wrote: ARGIE wrote: You're not seriously suggesting that Leeds is the second largest city in the UK are you? I think you'll find that honour belongs to Birmingham.Or have I completely mis-understood your post?LondonB'ham And the argue among yourselves about the merits of Manchester / Glasgow / Leeds / Liverpool depending on what your criteria is... Yes the trouble is Manchester is a large conurbation, which includes Salford and Trafford. But then I suppose Leeds/Bradford is quite a large conurabtion too - after all travelling along through Stanningley, where does Leeds end and Bradford start?I'm not sure about popluation, but Sheffield covers a huge area. If I'm not mistaken about 13 miles by 7. Hi Trojan,Doesn't Bradford start much further west up Leeds/Bradford Road at Gain Lane? However, I remember many years ago, there was one of those black and white "Leeds" signs at Stanningley Bottom, just east of Richardshaw Lane. May have been pre 74, and therefore the Leeds/Pudsey boundary?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Pudsey was not part of Leeds City until the MDC came about in the 1974 Local Government Changes
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

simong

Post by simong »

Trojan wrote: ARGIE wrote: You're not seriously suggesting that Leeds is the second largest city in the UK are you? I think you'll find that honour belongs to Birmingham.Or have I completely mis-understood your post?LondonB'ham And the argue among yourselves about the merits of Manchester / Glasgow / Leeds / Liverpool depending on what your criteria is... Yes the trouble is Manchester is a large conurbation, which includes Salford and Trafford. But then I suppose Leeds/Bradford is quite a large conurabtion too - after all travelling along through Stanningley, where does Leeds end and Bradford start?I'm not sure about popluation, but Sheffield covers a huge area. If I'm not mistaken about 13 miles by 7. The Leeds-Bradford border at Stanningley is actually about 200 yards up Thornbury Road. Similarily the one at Apperley Bridge is halfway up the hill on the Leeds side where it must have once been the river and or railway. The Sheffield conurbation is huge and stretches into Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire (a good way of making Sheffielders annoyed is to say that their city isn't in Yorkshire) and the city itself is probably bigger in area than Leeds, but also contains a lot of countryside to the west. I have fond memories of paying 2p to get to Langsett as a teenager, which is the edge of Sheffield borough, but the bus terminus is on the Woodhead Pass and is remarkably bleak.