Never beena KFC!!

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

BLAKEY wrote: [quotenick="grumpybloke"Is there a Burger King in Leeds? I rather prefer their stuff to McDonald's. Boar Lane, right next to McDonalds !!    Also I believe there's one on York Road at the "Melbourne" roundabout.There's also a Burger King (BK) in Leeds City Station, though not convenient if you wish to sit down for a meal as there are only the seating in the station to use. There was a BK at the Central Bus Station but it closed down a couple or so years back. That was handy for a snack in the evening/early night after a bus trip if you had time to pass before getting a local bus home.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

I think I can remember the first KFC opening in the North of England,it was on the local ITV news in those far off days when our local ITV came from Manchester (and we were lucky enough to be some of the first to see the Beatles) The KFC was at Salmesbury between Blackburn and Preston - right out in the country. It's not a KFC any more though for some reason.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

As it happens i went past the newly opened KFC in the Merrion Centre this morning whilst wandering around the shops.It was deserted which surprised me as they normally end up full of kids getting their daily dose of unsuitable additives<G>. Maybe it hasn't been noticed yet.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

Steve Jones wrote: As it happens i went past the newly opened KFC in the Merrion Centre this morning whilst wandering around the shops.It was deserted which surprised me as they normally end up full of kids getting their daily dose of unsuitable additives<G>. Maybe it hasn't been noticed yet. They are probably bored of it now as it's quite expensive compared to Maccy D.They were queueing out the door when it first opened!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

BLAKEY wrote: Boar Lane, right next to McDonalds !!    Also I believe there's one on York Road at the "Melbourne" roundabout. by coincidence Blakey Metro have tweeted this MetroTravelNews Metro Travel News wrote: BUSES Leeds: Accident on York Rd nr Burger King. Outbound rd closed - services diverting via Oval - Foundry Lane. this evening.    
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Uno Hoo wrote: There used to be a large sign on the approach to Thornbury roundabout from the Leeds direction proclaiming "Drive Thru' Macdonalds."Had I been able to borrow a JCB, I would have complied with enthusiasm!!!! I love that one Sir - in the words of the old Yorkshire saying "Tha's a reet caution." !!
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

tyke bhoy wrote: by coincidence Blakey Metro have tweeted this MetroTravelNews Metro Travel News wrote: BUSES Leeds: Accident on York Rd nr Burger King. Outbound rd closed - services diverting via Oval - Foundry Lane. this evening.     Hmm - can't have been caused by a spillage of cooking fat, as the car park slopes down slightly northwards away from the A64 - just a thought !!    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Perhaps someone drove too fast through the Drive Thru.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

BLAKEY wrote: Boar Lane, right next to McDonalds !!     I've noticed in many places that McDonalds and Burger King are adjacent - they are in Scarborough. I used to speculate that they used the same kitchens. And just sent the food out to whichever restaurant the order was for.

tilly

Post by tilly »

majorhoundii wrote: BLAKEY wrote: Boar Lane, right next to McDonalds !!     I've noticed in many places that McDonalds and Burger King are adjacent - they are in Scarborough. I used to speculate that they used the same kitchens. And just sent the food out to whichever restaurant the order was for. Your right majorhoundii they are next to each other on Boar Lane.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.