Interesting forebare/relatives

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

lol - I have loads of interesting relatives, my 3x great grandad was hung in Corfu for shooting a superior officer, I have a cousin somewhere along the line who was a bigamist had 9 children off one of the wives and 5 off the other and managed to keep them happy 3 streets away from each other !. I have a methodist minister in there on my mum's side, several rellies who were killed in the first world war and the doozy, my 6x great grandad, was arrested twice for poaching, fined serious amounts of money for this (�5 x 2 in the 1800's - that is serious money), was then removed with his family under a removal order to the next parish, was then found poaching again in 1821 and was sentenced to be transported to Australia for 5 years. This went to appeal 3 times and was finally commuted after his wife wrote to the appeals board to spare him as he had 11 children to support !!. He went on to have 3 more children and died in 1829 (probably shot whilst poaching !!)

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

ceejaylufc wrote: lol - I have loads of interesting relatives, my 3x great grandad was hung in Corfu for shooting a superior officer, I have a cousin somewhere along the line who was a bigamist had 9 children off one of the wives and 5 off the other and managed to keep them happy 3 streets away from each other !. I have a methodist minister in there on my mum's side, several rellies who were killed in the first world war and the doozy, my 6x great grandad, was arrested twice for poaching, fined serious amounts of money for this (�5 x 2 in the 1800's - that is serious money), was then removed with his family under a removal order to the next parish, was then found poaching again in 1821 and was sentenced to be transported to Australia for 5 years. This went to appeal 3 times and was finally commuted after his wife wrote to the appeals board to spare him as he had 11 children to support !!. He went on to have 3 more children and died in 1829 (probably shot whilst poaching !!) Wgoing on then?here was all the poaching
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

All the poaching took place in eckington/Killamarsh/Norton way in Derbyshire - and one lot in parish of worksop - report on this one says approx 6 miles away from where he was removed to !

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

ceejaylufc wrote: All the poaching took place in eckington/Killamarsh/Norton way in Derbyshire - and one lot in parish of worksop - report on this one says approx 6 miles away from where he was removed to ! Fancy being moved around and fined just for cooking eggs in a differently
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

cnosni wrote: ceejaylufc wrote: All the poaching took place in eckington/Killamarsh/Norton way in Derbyshire - and one lot in parish of worksop - report on this one says approx 6 miles away from where he was removed to ! Fancy being moved around and fined just for cooking eggs in a differently ROFL Chris, always the yolker lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

I think Drapesy has posted this pic from Leodis before, but it shows my GGG uncle Joe outside his pub The Pine Apple, High Street, Quarry Hill, in 1901. The site is now under the Playhouse somewhere. S'funny. Won't load the picture. I'll try again.

Si

Post by Si »

Still won't work. It says, "An error has occured in the script on this page." I'll try a picture of Joe's brother Bethel's pub, the Boot and Shoe, Richmond Street, Bank, in 1904, shortly before demolition.

Si

Post by Si »

Very strange. It says the same thing.Anyone else having problems?����

Si

Post by Si »

simonm

Post by simonm »

Aya up Si, Piccies by Morse code now eh? Heres one of me outside the albion..--.-.- ..-
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"