the elusive Deighton Family

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
deeto

Post by deeto »

Hello,I have been trying to trace my family for the last 6yrs,I have posted on various sites on the internet and still nothing.For anybody thats interested, the YorkshireIndexers site may be of help,my ancesters originally seemed to have come en-block with some other families,must have been a gipsy caravan,or a mass exodus from Bradford.I first found my G Grandfather on the 1841 census in Vienna Street which was one of the worst parts of Leeds,it was where the DHSS is know,this was James Deighton,he had about 6 kids,my Grandfather Fred moved to Ney Street Burmantofts when he got married,is sister moved to Wheat street which was somewhere around where the old Victoria was,she married George Lightfoot,who also came from Bradford.To think that the amount of people using computers I have not had a single response from any descendants,if anybody knows of these people tell them to give me a shout.If people are just setting out on this road I would tell them first to go to the library where they can get onto the Ancestry site for nothing,they can access the census back to the 1841 through to the 1901.Plus there is all the Electoral Registers,beats paying.Regards,Deeto.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

deeto wrote: Hello,I have been trying to trace my family for the last 6yrs,I have posted on various sites on the internet and still nothing.For anybody thats interested, the YorkshireIndexers site may be of help,my ancesters originally seemed to have come en-block with some other families,must have been a gipsy caravan,or a mass exodus from Bradford.I first found my G Grandfather on the 1841 census in Vienna Street which was one of the worst parts of Leeds,it was where the DHSS is know,this was James Deighton,he had about 6 kids,my Grandfather Fred moved to Ney Street Burmantofts when he got married,is sister moved to Wheat street which was somewhere around where the old Victoria was,she married George Lightfoot,who also came from Bradford.To think that the amount of people using computers I have not had a single response from any descendants,if anybody knows of these people tell them to give me a shout.If people are just setting out on this road I would tell them first to go to the library where they can get onto the Ancestry site for nothing,they can access the census back to the 1841 through to the 1901.Plus there is all the Electoral Registers,beats paying.Regards,Deeto. Have you tried Genesreunited?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

deeto

Post by deeto »

Hello cnosni,I have tried every site you can find and some,still nothing.Has you see on this site plenty of people looking but no contact to any of the ancesters,thanks anyway.Regards,Les Deighton.