Help wanted for Rock pub bramley please

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
weenie

Post by weenie »

thanx si, i'm going through the book and they are quite some adult humor in there so i dont think she was young. some names from the book are R.L StevensonM.E Blackburn P DysonF HelliwellA SharplesNobby ClarkeVera Lightowlersmaybe there could be some links somewhere? ??but thankyou for all the help. my search continuesxxx

Si

Post by Si »

I'm not having much luck, Weenie. I won't be able to find anything with the top five names, as they're only initials. Can't find Vera or Nobby on the 1901 Census at all.There were three Leeds Ethel Birches in the 1901 Census, two born in 1895 (both living in east Leeds) and one born 1884 (living in Wortley.) She may be the one born in Bramley. In the BMDs I've found five Ethel Birches born in Leeds. Births are Mar 1884 (as above,) Jun 1894, Dec 1895, Sep 1896 and Jun 1901. There are quite a few others in the West Yorkshire area.Sorry I haven't got you any further!

Mark from Stroud

Post by Mark from Stroud »

Hi, I have just come across this thread while Googling for my grandmother Ethel Birch. I have no idea if she is the one in question, but she was b 6/10/1895 in Leeds. Went to Canada after 25th October 1919 (when passport was issued). Returned prior to birth of Ron in 1922. Living at 13 Bagby Terrace, Leeds at time of marriage to Fred Todd 19/4/1924. If nothing else it may help to rule her out for you!

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was after some bouncers for a new pub in Bramley!!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.