Greenfield Terrace?

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
stonesey

Post by stonesey »

Hi Lippy,Have just seen your message on the other website & emailed you back.

ads

Post by ads »

According to records I have seen, there was a Greenfield Terrace in Holbeck, that was somewhere near St Mathews Church & Holbeck Moor, however, this may not have been a street as such as Leeds used to give terraces names in their own right on the street. This wouldn't always be indicated on the maps. Some examples of this still persist around the city.

Si

Post by Si »

ads wrote: According to records I have seen, there was a Greenfield Terrace in Holbeck, that was somewhere near St Mathews Church & Holbeck Moor, however, this may not have been a street as such as Leeds used to give terraces names in their own right on the street. This wouldn't always be indicated on the maps. Some examples of this still persist around the city. 'Ey up, it's the street expert again!!!Hi, Ads,I guess you mean like Gunner's Row on Queenswood Drive?

ads

Post by ads »

Thats right. Without knowing the full details, Gunners Row is so called because it was built on behalf of the army to be rented out to ex service men at affordable rents.

Si

Post by Si »

There's another one on the map I posted on the Canvas Street thread, in Holbeck.It's Greenfield Mount Terrace on Terrace Street. The street name is printed in san serif caps, but the terrace is printed in U&lc serif type.Also East View on Carlton Street, Otley. Must be loads.