Greenfield Terrace?

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
stonesey

Post by stonesey »

Does anyone know where Greenfield Terrace was in Leeds? Think it was in South or South East Leeds, but not sure. I've looked on the Leodis website with no luck. Trying to find out if a William Douglas lived there about 1900.Thanks

weenie

Post by weenie »

hi there, i have searched the name for you and there is a Greenfield Terrace in Methley LS26, if you look on google earth they also look to be old houses. just a thought for you.

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

stonesey wrote: Does anyone know where Greenfield Terrace was in Leeds? Think it was in South or South East Leeds, but not sure. I've looked on the Leodis website with no luck. Trying to find out if a William Douglas lived there about 1900.Thanks I've found one on an old map (which I couldn't download as the map site has technical problems!) - it was, as you say in the other thread, off Greenfield Street. It was just north of Marsh Lane station in the Richmond Hill area of Leeds.

uncle michael

Post by uncle michael »

stonesey wrote: Does anyone know where Greenfield Terrace was in Leeds? Think it was in South or South East Leeds, but not sure. I've looked on the Leodis website with no luck. Trying to find out if a William Douglas lived there about 1900.Thanks      I could not find anyone of that name living in Greenfield Terrace in the 1901 cencus.     About how old would he have been in 1901? If let me know i will have a look for you                 Regards Michael

Hirdstreet

Post by Hirdstreet »

Aged 22, august 1897 when married, may be at that address on earlier census!!!!!!

uncle michael

Post by uncle michael »

uncle michael wrote: stonesey wrote: Does anyone know where Greenfield Terrace was in Leeds? Think it was in South or South East Leeds, but not sure. I've looked on the Leodis website with no luck. Trying to find out if a William Douglas lived there about 1900.Thanks      I could not find anyone of that name living in Greenfield Terrace in the 1901 cencus.     About how old would he have been in 1901? If let me know i will have a look for you                 Regards Michael The only one I have found that matches his age.1901 cencusWilliam Douglas aged 26 bricklayers labourerHeamon Douglas aged 26 wifeAlfred Douglas aged 2Samuel Douglas aged 1Living at 1 Blackburn Lane.South East Leeds.1891 cencusSamuel Douglas aged 47 General LabourerSarah Douglas wife aged 59William Douglas aged 16 Clickers ApprenticeWatson Douglas aged 13 Toy MakerPlus a boarderLiving at 27 Green Street.North LeedsDoes anything fit in with anything you know?Regards Michael

stonesey

Post by stonesey »

Thanks Michael,I found one of those earlier as well! The first one sounds relevant so I'll ask my son to check further as it's him who is researching a family tree.The research is fine until you come across 50 people or more who have the same name and the same approx date of birth! Father, son, uncle , & grandfather often had the family christian name passed down as well- quite confusing at times.Regardsstonesey

lippy

Post by lippy »

william douglas is my great grandad i am creating a family tree at the moment he was married to helena patrick in 1897

stonesey

Post by stonesey »

Hi Lippy,Was really interested in your message. It's my son who is researching our Douglas family tree. ( He's offline at the moment as he's changing service providers) He has the same William Douglas married to Helena Patrick and also has their birth certificates. I think he's gone back a bit further too. It sounds like we may be related! We had some ancestors living in South Leeds & also in Halton Moor/Harehills/Seacroft areas.Is there anyway we can compare notes? I'm not sure of the protocol on the secretleeds website, but you may have some info that we don't have and vice versa. Regards

lippy

Post by lippy »

hi the douglas name is my dads side i have just ordered a map of leeds to find greenfield terrace i dont know the protocol either sounds like we are related would like to compare notes thanks lippy