Leeds Wills

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

simonm wrote: chameleon wrote: simonm wrote: cnosni wrote: pyghtle wrote: Hi cnosniThanks for that info...I have already sent to York for copies of 2 wills but just wondered if there was anywhere to check on line first.By the way cnosni, I posted a reply on my 'leeds library look ups'thread about some information you found for me. I would be grateful if you would have a look at my reply and let me know the answer.ThanksBrenda Hi Brenda ,looks like the thread has gone now,what was the answer? 42 Simon, you do realise this could lead to another dot com boom like thread don't you? It would never happen. Every poster on SL has a cracking sense of humour... Don't they? Quite so simon, cracking. Just deleted what I was going to psot, might be seen as having a dig. I'll consult my guide insteas and see if it recommends anywhere 'interesting' to visit.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Aha ,just missed out the "City" bit from the search.Gentlemen,that is Simonm and Chameleon.Dont you think that you are getting a little silly,i see no POINT in your childish pranks,any way simon,how did you remember i was 42,you'd had 3 pints of that Sams beer when i told you that.Hic!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

pyghtle wrote: What have I started here??The thread is under 'family history' Pyghtle,you have unleashed a beast ,an unfathomable beast of silliness,god help us.In answer to your question,it would appear that this Edward does crop up in the 1841 census,however he is with an older brother James and sister Ellen.No mention of parents in the census.Both James and Ellen are aged 15,so as was the rules in the 1841 census peoples ages were rounded down to the nearest 5 if they were between 15 and 70.The James is shown as not being born in Yorkshire,but Ellen and Edward are. A search for an Ellen Daniel born Yorkshire1821-1826 shows a baptism in Leeds21 JUL 1826 Saint Patricks York Road-Roman Catholic.parents Edward and Mary.A search for an Edward Daniel in Yorkshire around 1828 produces a baptism in leedsd16 AUG 1829 Saint Patricks York Road-Roman Catholic,parents Edward and Mary.So i think you could say that you have the correct baptisms parents,though i would have to say that these are probably not your Daniels as the eldest in this census ,James,is not born in Yorkshire,and there appears to be no marriage on the IGI in Yorkshire for a Edward Daniels and a Mary between 1815 and 1825.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

On the original answer you gave it did say Coburg, is that right?My daniels lived and died in Coburg Street, which is why I was chasing this one.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

pyghtle wrote: On the original answer you gave it did say Coburg, is that right?My daniels lived and died in Coburg Street, which is why I was chasing this one. Oh yes it did say Coburg.It would probably take some further digging to prove the origins of Edward the father,however there does not seem to be any likely Yorkshire candidate according to the IGI.Looks like it could be just sheer coincidence that your Daniels are on the same street.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Moving this to family history section.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

dsco wrote: Moving this to family history section. (Guys, I think Duncan might be quietly shaking his head in despair at us! But then, at least we're only indulging in some needed inocent fun to lighjten life and not disregarding the thread theme intentionally ).