Richard Tebbs Death lookup

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Sorry to keep posting..but I have just found this site and I have all these loose ends to tie up!!!!Richard Tebbs born 1879 Gainsborough Lincolnshire.I have him in the 1891 census 12 years old in Gainsborough.Then he is missing in the 1901 census when the family are back in Leeds minus father Richard who has done a runner to America!!!So presume that he has died, or left home, but my Aunt who is 90 and Grandaughter of Richard senior seems to remember that he died.Can anyone find a record of his death, either in Gainsborough or Leeds. I have looked in the usual places but can find nothing!No one knows why Richard senior went to America, in fact no one knew where he had gone, I have since found that out through my research, that he left in 1895, so Richards death could have had something to do with that.Hope you are not all fed up of my requests!!Maybe I should lie low for a while?I am a Tebbs so this is my direct line.Thanks a lotBrenda

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

pyghtle wrote: Sorry to keep posting..but I have just found this site and I have all these loose ends to tie up!!!!Richard Tebbs born 1879 Gainsborough Lincolnshire.I have him in the 1891 census 12 years old in Gainsborough.Then he is missing in the 1901 census when the family are back in Leeds minus father Richard who has done a runner to America!!!So presume that he has died, or left home, but my Aunt who is 90 and Grandaughter of Richard senior seems to remember that he died.Can anyone find a record of his death, either in Gainsborough or Leeds. I have looked in the usual places but can find nothing!No one knows why Richard senior went to America, in fact no one knew where he had gone, I have since found that out through my research, that he left in 1895, so Richards death could have had something to do with that.Hope you are not all fed up of my requests!!Maybe I should lie low for a while?I am a Tebbs so this is my direct line.Thanks a lotBrenda Daft as it sounds ive just come across this message.Ask your grandmother when she thinks he died,tie it down to a decade if possible,then look at the GRO indexes,painful i know,but that may be the only way.Also have you considered that Richard jnr also went to the states with his father and was there during the 1901 census,or that he was in the army/forces?If so its worth checking the National Archives army records,which im afraid (no pun intended)can be a bit of a mine field
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Thanks for that reply.I also wondered if he had gone to America with his father, but I have Richard senior in all the USA census records with no son.I have also trawled the Gro death records.Not much else I can do really!!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

pyghtle wrote: Thanks for that reply.I also wondered if he had gone to America with his father, but I have Richard senior in all the USA census records with no son.I have also trawled the Gro death records.Not much else I can do really!! Go to findmypast.com,i think they have a list of ships passengers who migrated.You pay of course but if there is no GRO death then this is apossibility
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]