Leeds City Library lookup

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

pyghtle wrote: Sorry to be a pain, but I wonder if anyone can find a date of death for Elizabeth Lloyd. This is relevant to my last lookup as this was Johns first wife and actually the mother of my Ggrandfather.She must have died between 1827 and 1835 which is when John married again.Again Coburg Street.I do not have a birth date...sorry!Brenda Nothing in the Burials data that I used before, but it is far from complete. If you're hoping to get a copy of her death certificate, then I believe these only started to be recorded properly in 1837.

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Yes I know.....just have to see if anyone has access to parish records.Brenda

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

pyghtle wrote: Yes I know.....just have to see if anyone has access to parish records.Brenda What was the year of Elizabeths birth?,if around 1803 then i may have something for you.Im assuming that you are using Elizabeths maiden name in your enquiry,but as she was married to John Daniel at her death then she would be buried as Elizabeth Daniel.There are a number of burials at St Johns the Evangelist,which would have covered the area of Coburg Street, for various Daniels,of which at least 3 would seem to match your John Daniel on Coburg Street.Elizabeth Daniel,WIFE of John,Coburg Street,aged 30.buried 26/04/1833.Elizabeth Daniel ,daughter of John,Coburg Street,9 wks,buried 29/09/1831.Elizabeth Daniel,daughter of John,Coburg Street,aged 7.buried 26/04/1833.Slight problem with these two burials for a Elizabeth daughter of John.The problem is that if the daughter buried 1831,with a time of birth being around July/August 1831, belongs to your John Daniel then the one buried April 1833 aged 7 cannot be his daughter,and vice versa as the Elizabeth buried 1833 would have been born circa 1826 and buried after the Elizabeth in 1831.So it would mean that there are two John Daniels living on Coburg Street.As this is not impossible,it does seem unlikely,and therefore its possible that the Leeds indexers have transcribed the age at death wrongly for the 1833 burial,and could probably read either 2 years old(mistaking the 2 for a 7) or that she was 7 months old at the time of burial in 1833.Both these scenarios would fit with the death of the wife of Elizabeth in April 1833 as if she (daughter)was 2 years old in November 1833 then this time of birth is well before the death of Elizabeth (wife)in April 1833,and if she was 7 months old in November 1833 (meaning she was born April 1833) then this would mean that she was born on around the time of the death of Elizabeth in April 1833.In fact this would point to a distinct possibility that the mother may well ahve died due to complications with birth in April 1833,so though this cannot be proved with the evidence we have it would seem a distinct possibility.I cannot find a baptism for either of the Elizabeth Daniels,daughter of John,in Leeds from either 1826 to 1833.There are then some further burials at St Johns.I have copied them below in case they are of some use to you.Elizabeth Daniel,wife of Thomas of Lydgate,age 48.buried 13/06/1822 *Record of a marriage at Leeds Parish Church of a Thomas Daniel and Elizabeth Tidswell 21/12/1800.This is poss Elizabeth Tidswell baptised Leeds Parish Church 21/04/1777,daughter of John Tidswell.Elizabeth Daniel,daughter of Thomas of Long Balk Lane,aged 17buried 29/05/1825*Unable to find a corresponding baptism on IGI for these details.Thomas Daniel,married man,Wade Lane,aged 51buried 01/01/1826Edward William Daniel ,Coburg,age 13buried 17/12/1842Hope this has been of some help
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Interestingly there is a baptism of a John Daniel at Leeds Parish Church 06/11/1803,father ThomasThis is 3 years after the marriage of Thomas Daniel and Elizabeth Tidswell at Leeds parish church.Is this your John i wonder? There is also a marriage at Leeds parish Church 05/02/1823 of a Thomas Daniel and Cecilia Foster.This is after the burial at St Johns for Elizabeth wife of Thomas in 1822,and before the burial of Thomas daniel ,married man,in 1826.So COULd this marriage in 1823 be Thomas daniel remarrying following the death of his wife Elizabeth the previous year,if so then it would also explain the Thomas being a martried man at the burial in 1826.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi..sorry to be so long repling bt have been out Enjoying the sunshine all day!!It also took me a while to digest all the information,which far exceeds my expectations!!First of all I am sure that you have found the right Elizabeth Daniel, every thing fits!!I did not have a date of birth for Elizabethbut John was born 1806, so that seems about right.Elizabeth and John had 2 childrenMary Daniel 1826Robert Daniel 1827Could the first Elizabeth buried 1831 at 9 weeks have been their child as well?I understand what you are saying regarding the fact that if the transcripts were wrongly transcribed, then elizabeth could have died as a result of complications, it does seem odd that both burial dates are the same!I also have seem the John daniel born6/11.1803 Then I saw his birth also reg. 6/11/1806, so I think one of the dates is mis transcribed. It is more likely to be the 1803 which is correct as this ties in better withy Elizabeths age.I had father as Thomas Daniel and mother as Hannah Stead, so need to look at that again as you have found Thomas and Elizabeth Tidswell.anyway we have established elizabeths birth and death dates, which I did not have, such a pity that we cannot get certificates before 1837.Thank you for all the work you have done for me..I am truly gratefulI have printed your reply so will study it all again, but wanted to get back to you quickly.Brenda

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

I am having trouble with another member of the Daniel family, but am reluctant to impose again on all who have helped on this thread, so will re post as another thread.You have all done more than enough on my behalf. the reason for my new thread will be self explanatory I think.Brenda

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

cnosniI have been trying to follow up on some information that you gave me and i wonder if you could confirm something please.You gave me an Edward William Daniel ....Coburg... age 13 buried 17/12/1842 I believe this information was from burials at St Johns Leeds.I am trying to find who his parents were, do you have access to the 1841 census? Or is a birth registered anywhere?ThanksBrenda