Leeds City Library lookup

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi thanks for that offer...I am looking for burial details of John Daniel Born circa 1806 and died between 1861 and 1871. he seemed to live all his life in Coburg Street Leeds which according to the census is West Leeds.He was a builder. I do not know age at death.Also wife Ann if possible, she also must have died in this same period.What else do you need for a look up??Thanks a lotBrenda

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

pyghtle wrote: Hi thanks for that offer...I am looking for burial details of John Daniel Born circa 1806 and died between 1861 and 1871. he seemed to live all his life in Coburg Street Leeds which according to the census is West Leeds.He was a builder. I do not know age at death.Also wife Ann if possible, she also must have died in this same period.What else do you need for a look up??Thanks a lotBrenda According to the free Yorkshire BMD site a John Daniel died in Leeds West in 1865 reference WEST/55/346 .
roundhegian

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi roundhegian, I saw that but was hoping for a GRO reference because if it is the wrong certificate they only charge £3.Your nickname...did you go to Roundhay School?Brenda

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Also...it is really a will I want to send for and I think you need a specific date of death for that.It may be that I have to send for that death certificate anyway.brenda

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Hi Brenda. Success. There's a John Daniel 1804 - 1865 in Leeds St. George cemetery. Also an Ann Daniel 1803 - 1870. Address for both is listed as Coburg Street. Info from Leedsindexers burials.(PS I was at Roundhay)

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi everyoneI am going to go for one of the Johns on the BMD..I think it is the one died in 1865, anyway will chance it.still interested to know about your nickname Roundhegian as that is my neck of the woods!!!!Brenda

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi Our messages must have crossed, that is the John I am going to send for...thanks for the info about Ann as well.I also went to Roundhay, when it was Roundhay High School!!!Brenda

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

pyghtle wrote: Hi Our messages must have crossed, that is the John I am going to send for...thanks for the info about Ann as well.I also went to Roundhay, when it was Roundhay High School!!!Brenda I was there 69 - 76.

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

I was there a good while before that!!!!!...I believe the girls school is no longer there!!!

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Sorry to be a pain, but I wonder if anyone can find a date of death for Elizabeth Lloyd. This is relevant to my last lookup as this was Johns first wife and actually the mother of my Ggrandfather.She must have died between 1827 and 1835 which is when John married again.Again Coburg Street.I do not have a birth date...sorry!Brenda