Leeds City Library lookup

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Is anyone able to do any lookups at Leeds Library.I need a death/burial lookup.ThanksBrenda

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

pyghtle wrote: Is anyone able to do any lookups at Leeds Library.I need a death/burial lookup.ThanksBrenda you need to ask to use the st catherines index,sometimes you have to book,sometimes just to wait a wee while.it's on microfilm,so it's very easy to use.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Wiggy, I think Brenda needs someone to do it for her as her location is Spain. Maybe I'm wrong!! Just thinking aloud there.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Correct!!! I would love to be able to pop down to Leeds City Library, especially as i used to work for them!Just thought some kind person who used the library would be able to do a look up for me.I am always happy to send for certificates if I know that I have the right person.Brenda

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Chrism wrote: Wiggy, I think Brenda needs someone to do it for her as her location is Spain. Maybe I'm wrong!! Just thinking aloud there. oh yeah! never seen that....where in spain,we're gonna do the big move when we get straightened out....this place has gone to the dogs....last one out,please turn the lights off!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Pyghtle?You didn't originate in Letchworth by any chance luv?As a Motor trade salesman in the 50's/60's I called ona Customer called 'AJ Haddow,('Cycles and motor cycles')whose shop was in 'The Pyghtle,Letchworth!Never saw the word anywhere else on my travels!Curious!Arry Awk

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi wiggyWe are on Costa del Sol...near Marbella. We have had a place here since 1982, just for holidays, came permanently on retirement 10 years ago (early retirement!!!!)Its great, now it is 17.15 here and 22 degrees, not a cloud in the sky.Brenda

pyghtle

Post by pyghtle »

Hi arryNo originated in Leeds but we have a small house in Suffolk because my son lives down there and the terrace is called Pyghtle Terrace. I use that simply because I got tired of trying to find a name that was not already in use.Brenda

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Thanks Brenda!Disappointed, but I know now it was an East anglianname and I thank you for that info.Enjoy that Sunshine!CheersArry Awk

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Very rarely get chance to go down and do my own research at Leeds library,but i have the Leeds burials cdrom by the Leeds indexers.Let me know what you can and i will see if there is anything on it.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]