THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 2)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
blackprince

Re: THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 2)

Post by blackprince »

tilly wrote:HI chemimike its the same with carrier bags they have logos on but you still get charged for them in most cases.

Have you noticed the trend among the young to have their names printed on their T shirts ?
The other day I was in a lift with Hugo, Calvin and Tommy.
Funny thing is when I said Hi Hugo and Tommy they looked at me as if I was bonkers.
I think their surnames were were Boss, Klein and Hilfiger. :)
Last edited by blackprince on Fri 28 Sep, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

Postage stamp vending machines..

tilly

Post by tilly »

That made me laugh blackprince.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

It’s a long time since I visited anyone’s house and saw a bath rack straddling the tub, but I see they are still on sale from Argos and the like, so I reckon they must be still in use?
The older I get, the better I was.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="Bruno"]It’s a long time since I visited anyone’s house and saw a bath rack straddling the tub, but I see they are still on sale from Argos and the like, so I reckon they must be still in use ?

I have not seen one since my old Mother had one many years ago until about a month ago when i had a fall which among other things brought up a large blood blister on my shin. as i am taking blood thinning tablets i have to be careful not to knock it. As i was having trouble getting in and out of the shower my wife came home with a bath seat (from Argos £35) but after using it couple of times i found i was better stood up so it has now gone back in the box. I must say that they are very good and strong but in this case not much good for me.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

volvojack wrote:
Bruno wrote:It’s a long time since I visited anyone’s house and saw a bath rack straddling the tub, but I see they are still on sale from Argos and the like, so I reckon they must be still in use ?

I have not seen one since my old Mother had one many years ago until about a month ago when i had a fall which among other things brought up a large blood blister on my shin. as i am taking blood thinning tablets i have to be careful not to knock it. As i was having trouble getting in and out of the shower my wife came home with a bath seat (from Argos £35) but after using it couple of times i found i was better stood up so it has now gone back in the box. I must say that they are very good and strong but in this case not much good for me.

They may be coming back into fashion but they are now designed to hold your I Pad and a glass of Chardonnay.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

"tilly"]That made me laugh blackprince.

That was one of the few chances to lick the back of the Queens head.
Gawd knows what will be licked if Harry ever gets to be King.........

tilly

Post by tilly »

Jack. Bruno meant a wire rack the went across the bath to put the bar of soap and flannel in,i think you thought it was a bath chair.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

"tilly"]Jack. Bruno meant a wire rack the went across the bath to put the bar of soap and flannel in,i think you thought it was a bath chair.

"Nay Nay Lad, It would take one of those suspended sling things like they have in Hospitals to hold my 'tanus No this is just a strong piece of plastic that you can sit on. My problem was when sitting down i could not wash "My Bits" so i preferred to stand up and with help from the Wife could get in and out Ok.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Bet that was a sight to behold Jack.