George William Bartle

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
iansmithofotley

Re: George William Bartle

Postby iansmithofotley » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

I've done some research and found two marriages of interest to you. There is a marriage between Violet Gray and George William Bartle on 22nd June 1929, which you aware of. The other one of interest is between Kate M Woodhouse and George W Bartle registered in A/M/J 1919 at Norwich. There is a place called North Elmham just a few miles north west of Norwich. Maybe this is the relevant original marriage that you are looking for.

I have done a lot of other research but I am struggling to find out what happened to Violet Bartle (Gray) and George William Bartle after about 1930, the year after their 'marriage'. Also, I suspect that she had a son called George W Gray (B. 25/1/35) who was living with John William Gray and Alice Maud Gray (ne Longmire), her parents, in 1939 at 101 Pateley Terrace, Norton. If this is so, then it looks as though she reverted back to her maiden name (not a surprise under the circumstances). However, your grandmother kept the name of Rita M Bartle.

I will carry on researching this and will probably contact you by way of Private Message rather than posting on here.

Ian

Return to