Eagle hotel, York road

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

It keeps the troops entertained anyway Brandy     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Just had a quick look whilst sat at the traffic lights coming over the fly-over, looks like the Eagle has Flown....

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

chameleon wrote: Just had a quick look whilst sat at the traffic lights coming over the fly-over, looks like the Eagle has Flown.... (But not at all sure where The Eagle Has Landed).

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

If its the eagle from the eagle pub off torre road then the eagle is definatley that one at hunslet road car place, i saw it tonight, i drove past it and had a good look. The way its stood and the way its wings are, its identical to the one that was on the eagle pub!!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Can anyone get a pic of the Eagle at Hunslet?? I won't be round that way for a bit.. It would be good to see it.    
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Yeah i might be able to one night, its behind some railings so wont be the best pic, but still you'll be able to make it out clearly-ish!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yeah any would be good.. We can see the shape of the thing to compare it with the archive shot. cheers mate!!

magic

Post by magic »

drapesy wrote: I believe this pub had a sign, certainly towards the end of it's life that said 'New Eagle' - (presumably because it was rebuild of an earlier pub ) though people tended just to call it the 'Eagle' .Anyone else remember this or is my memory playing up? You are right about the name change. I used to drink in the Eagle when i was about 17/18 in the mid 90's. The pub was very run down & in need of a refurb. It was refurbished sandblasted etc & re-named the new Eagle. But this did not save the pub from its problems. I remember the landlord running off with the takings & a drug bust when i was mistakenly accused of buying drugs from the front doors of the Eagle by the police.

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Sorry phil didnt have time tonight, was in the gym till 10:30!! I should have time tomorrow though, iv plenty of time on fridays, will definatley get a few tho and post em on here. If anyone can beat me to it then please do so, it wont be till tomorrow night when i can get them. Cheers.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

magic wrote: drapesy wrote: I believe this pub had a sign, certainly towards the end of it's life that said 'New Eagle' - (presumably because it was rebuild of an earlier pub ) though people tended just to call it the 'Eagle' .Anyone else remember this or is my memory playing up? You are right about the name change. I used to drink in the Eagle when i was about 17/18 in the mid 90's. The pub was very run down & in need of a refurb. It was refurbished sandblasted etc & re-named the new Eagle. But this did not save the pub from its problems. I remember the landlord running off with the takings & a drug bust when i was mistakenly accused of buying drugs from the front doors of the Eagle by the police. yes it was sad that it started to attract the 2 legged vermin,as many down the east street run did...then they spread to the compton and the florry.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?