Harry Holgate Lemonade

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Perhaps a silly question ... but are you sure it is Leeds, Yorkshire, England ...

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Just tried Leodis and google . nothing!Perhaps if you try one or two of the existingmineral waters manufacturers,they couldgive you some info about the trade?Arry

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Googling Harry Holgate turned up ebay auctions for "Harry Holgate Leeds City Beverages" soda bottles. Leeds City Beverages would appear to be the company. I can't find a reference so far for this firm.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Thanks Steve. Didn't see that bit but summatfor our friend to go at?Arry

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

arry awk wrote: Thanks Steve. Didn't see that bit but summatfor our friend to go at?Arry I saw that also, before I tried your forum.

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

Steve Jones wrote: Googling Harry Holgate turned up ebay auctions for "Harry Holgate Leeds City Beverages" soda bottles. Leeds City Beverages would appear to be the company. I can't find a reference so far for this firm. I found that before I tried your forum.

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

Croggy wrote: Perhaps a silly question ... but are you sure it is Leeds, Yorkshire, England ... I do not know of any Leeds in the States, so I am assuming England.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi D Ross. There is another Leeds in England and it annoys the heck out of me when doing internet searches for businesses or directions. They ask you which Leeds you mean. First choice is a village in Kent with a population that is probably in the hundreds or at a push thousands but just happens to be home of Leeds Castle and not far from London. Second choice is the city in God's own county with a civic population of around half a million and a metropolitan population of about half as much again (3/4M)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

tyke bhoy wrote: Hi D Ross. There is another Leeds in England and it annoys the heck out of me when doing internet searches for businesses or directions. They ask you which Leeds you mean. First choice is a village in Kent with a population that is probably in the hundreds or at a push thousands but just happens to be home of Leeds Castle and not far from London. Second choice is the city in God's own county with a civic population of around half a million and a metropolitan population of about half as much again (3/4M) Agree emphatically . It annoys me immensely for precisely the same reasons .
roundhegian

Bramley4woods

Post by Bramley4woods »

D Ross wrote: Croggy wrote: Perhaps a silly question ... but are you sure it is Leeds, Yorkshire, England ... I do not know of any Leeds in the States, so I am assuming England. My uncle used to drive from Ontario to Florida every year and went through a city / township called Leeds (Probably Alabama). He stopped off one year and called in to see the mayor and was made a citizen of Leeds (or freeman or somesuch), and got a write up in the local paper. I know for sure there is more than one, there are four listed on the Best Western website.As for a Harry Holgate box turning up in Houston, maybe somebody packed their stuff up in it when they emigrated.    
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.