Harry Holgate Lemonade

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
D Ross

Post by D Ross »

I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance?

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? Were they a Leeds firm ? I can't say I've ever heard of it - the most common 'pop' brand when I was young was 'Ben Shaw's' - they still exist of course, based in Huddersfield.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

stevief

Post by stevief »

D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? It can't be...I've got to ask.Were you part of an all girl singing group back in the sixties called The Supremes???

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

drapesy wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? Were they a Leeds firm ? I can't say I've ever heard of it - the most common 'pop' brand when I was young was 'Ben Shaw's' - they still exist of course, based in Huddersfield. When I was a kid. Scotspop from Drigh and Gomersalls Magpie Minerals were the main brands round Morley. There was also a home delivery pop company called Thomson and Pearson - their logo "Drink T & P table waters" (geddit )    
Industria Omnia Vincit

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Trojan wrote: drapesy wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? Were they a Leeds firm ? I can't say I've ever heard of it - the most common 'pop' brand when I was young was 'Ben Shaw's' - they still exist of course, based in Huddersfield. When I was a kid. Scotspop from Drigh and Gomersalls Magpie Minerals were the main brands round Morley. There was also a home delivery pop company called Thomson and Pearson - their logo "Drink T & P table waters" (geddit )     twice and a bag and a bottle of scotts pop(with balloons on the label).....oh the memories!    
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Si

Post by Si »

drapesy wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? Were they a Leeds firm ? I can't say I've ever heard of it - the most common 'pop' brand when I was young was 'Ben Shaw's' - they still exist of course, based in Huddersfield. When I was growing up in Pudsey, the most common pop was GeeBee, from Bradford, I think, but Ben Shaws and Scotts were also available. Was it Scotts who made that dark green stuff? The Corona van used to come round once a week, too. Amazing I've got any teeth left!

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

stevief wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? It can't be...I've got to ask.Were you part of an all girl singing group back in the sixties called The Supremes???

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

stevief wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? It can't be...I've got to ask.Were you part of an all girl singing group back in the sixties called The Supremes???

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

D Ross wrote: stevief wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? It can't be...I've got to ask.Were you part of an all girl singing group back in the sixties called The Supremes??? I am the wrong color, wrong sex, wrong age, and I can't sing except in the shower.

D Ross

Post by D Ross »

Si wrote: drapesy wrote: D Ross wrote: I am interested in the history of the Harry Holgate Beverage Co.When did they close? How long were they in exsistance? Were they a Leeds firm ? I can't say I've ever heard of it - the most common 'pop' brand when I was young was 'Ben Shaw's' - they still exist of course, based in Huddersfield. When I was growing up in Pudsey, the most common pop was GeeBee, from Bradford, I think, but Ben Shaws and Scotts were also available. Was it Scotts who made that dark green stuff? The Corona van used to come round once a week, too. Amazing I've got any teeth left! Yes, it was a Leeds firm. I have an old wooden box that states "Harry Holgate...Leeds" on it.