Back of what is now Flares....

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
chrisoulton

Post by chrisoulton »

....and before the Scarbrough. Briefly in the early 80s there was a little bar there. The entrance door still exists. Anyone remember it? No-one I knows does and they think I've lost it. Also, what names did Flares have in the past? Something beginning with A?

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

In the 80's it was The Observatory for a while during the new romantics era. Also, it was a Bistro but can't remember when. Not a lot of help really as neither begin with 'A'    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

I think it was just "The Bistro" when it was the Bistro.Me and the lads went in one night for a meal (about 83/84) in suits (with long hair,us not the suits) then went to Scrumpies to distribute some dandruff.Ive got to say we looked a sight as all our other mates were in Denim and Leather in the cess pit that was Scrumpies.the DJ Alan put on sharp dressed man by ZZ top to take the Pi**,still we had a godd old headbang though!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Hazman

Post by Hazman »

Colours? maybe Rock shack?Hmmm!    
"On the Leeds side-streets that you slip downProvincial towns you jog 'round"

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Flares was called the Yorkshire Crown in the 70's.

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

It was 'Bistro'5' before the Observatory.Can't help wih the other place, though.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

We used to frequent the place in the late 70's, it wasn't The Cellar Bar was it? I remember going in on friday and Saturday nights as the DJ in there was spinning loads of soul, funk and Northern Soul.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

GlennDun

Post by GlennDun »

In the early 80's the upstairs was called Amnesia and was a popular new romantic hang out. I remember Mark Allmond and Soft Cell doing a 'gig' there. Downstairs was the Bistro 5 for a while then when Amnesia shut down they took over upstairs for a while.