Another lost pub

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Yorkshireranger

Post by Yorkshireranger »

Hi just stumbled accross your thread, spent last hour or so, looking at the thread.In reply to Zip55, the night club venue under The Corn Exchange, as far as I remember was "MARTINE'S" although I know that it had several names afterwards, spent many a happy hour in there in the late seventies/early eighties.Have researched the Leodis site and not found any mention either there or on your thread regarding a pub that used to stand on Stonebridge Lane at Farnley, still at the top of the hill on the Farnley side of Stonebridge Lane is The Nags Head, follow the road accross the Ring Road and up past what used to be "Mathers Brewery" was a small cottage pub "The Stonebridge" further up is The Commercial (I Think)................ Anybody out there got any photographs of this pub???? THE STONEBRIDGEHaving been a regular in Leeds City centre pubs mainly The Nags Head on Vicar Lane, I noticed the best pub in Leeds has also filed to get a mention THe Mad House (Market Tavern) spent many a happy hour in there after work.Also another lost pub that I remember as a child, was at the junction of Stanningley Road and Tong Road where the slip lane from Stanningley Road joins at the Armley Gyratory before the road was developed, to my reccolection there were two pubs at this junction............. any names for them????