old oak tree leeds and bradford road

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
kelly

Post by kelly »

has anyone got a pic of the old oaktree leeds and bradford road.when i first started it was my first local .it was a Ramsdens house then
we are all descendants of the ragged trousered philanthropists

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

kelly wrote: has anyone got a pic of the old oaktree leeds and bradford road.when i first started it was my first local .it was a Ramsdens house then I can't find anything on Leodis,Kelly.I remember this pub - I reckon it must have closed around 1990 - I believe it was a Bass pub in later years. The old wall that surrounded the car park still fronts onto Leeds and Bradford Road - with new housing occupying the site of the pub.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

kelly

Post by kelly »

drapesy wrote: kelly wrote: has anyone got a pic of the old oaktree leeds and bradford road.when i first started it was my first local .it was a Ramsdens house then I can't find anything on Leodis,Kelly.I remember this pub - I reckon it must have closed around 1990 - I believe it was a Bass pub in later years. The old wall that surrounded the car park still fronts onto Leeds and Bradford Road - with new housing occupying the site of the pub. thanks drapesy ive seached liodis too the oak like i said was my first local.the old regulars used to tell me about the old oak tree ,s predecessor the pub on the site before the oak was called the BUCK one old guy said he could remeber cattle being herded down leeds and bradford road.that must have been 1920s circa i reckon
we are all descendants of the ragged trousered philanthropists

volvojack

Re: old oak tree leeds and bradford road

Post by volvojack »

Just going through the wonderful list of Pubs I used in my younger days and came across the "Old Oak Tree Leeds and Bradford Road." We used to have great Saturday nights up there and catch the bus back to Leeds at closing time. the bus stop was opposite and one night one lad in the queue decided to go over the low wall, about 3ft. for I assume a P..s. Those among us regulars who had visited the Pub in the summer days knew that on the other side was quite along drop. anyway there was a scream of pain but we had left before the Ambulance came but we did hear that he only broke his leg, could have been his neck

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Just going through the wonderful list of Pubs I used in my younger days and came across the "Old Oak Tree Leeds and Bradford Road." We used to have great Saturday nights up there and catch the bus back to Leeds at closing time. the bus stop was opposite and one night one lad in the queue decided to go over the low wall, about 3ft. for I assume a P..s. Those among us regulars who had visited the Pub in the summer days knew that on the other side was quite along drop. anyway there was a scream of pain but we had left before the Ambulance came but we did hear that he only broke his leg, could have been his neck

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Admittedly nothing to do with beer - but the pub was the first stop where passengers could alight from LCT service 23 when peak hour Limited Stop conditions applied. This sensible measure was to ensure that passengers travelling further than The Old Oak Tree towards Intake could be certain of getting on their half hourly bus.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It has just amused me to see that as thread titles are cut off to fit onto the Main Forums section that this thread is listed as "Re: old oak tree leeds and bra". ;)
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.