The Joker

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
cplmarr

The Joker

Post by cplmarr »

When I was a student at the poly in the late 80s the Students Union had a list of pubs worth visiting. One was called THE JOKER but we could never find it. We suspected it was a prank entry. Has anyone ever heard of it? It would have been in the Leeds 6 area.
Juggling sand in the sun and making coin.

Leodian

Re: The Joker

Post by Leodian »

cplmarr wrote:When I was a student at the poly in the late 80s the Students Union had a list of pubs worth visiting. One was called THE JOKER but we could never find it. We suspected it was a prank entry. Has anyone ever heard of it? It would have been in the Leeds 6 area.
Hi cplmarr :).
I don't know of a Joker but there used to be a pub called the Jester but that if I recall correctly was in north Leeds so probably not the pub you are trying to find out about.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

cplmarr

Post by cplmarr »

Thats the one! We spent hours wandering around trying to find it. That would have been 1986 or 1987. We never found it and assumed by the name it was a joke.
Juggling sand in the sun and making coin.

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi cplmarr,

You would not find the Jester nowadays as it has been called the Lord Darcy for a number of years.

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/ ... _campaign=

Ian

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I can confirm The Jester existed in the 1980's as I took part in a televised pub quiz show there hosted by Chris Tarrant prior to his hosting "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".I still have a video of the event somewhere at home.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!