Pubs 1866 to 2015

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Normalhours

Pubs 1866 to 2015

Post by Normalhours »

Thought I'd share this....hope you can open it / copy link. It's a pdf with all the pubs in Town..old and new names...brilliant

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... g4AL3LQO4g

snowman1

Re: Pubs 1866 to 2015

Post by snowman1 »

hi normalhours
this map of the old pubs has been on here before,a copy could be purchased from steve lovell at albany design of rothwell,its well worth the money.
regards sm1

Wiggy2

Post by Wiggy2 »

How do I get a picture on here. Imagine you are speaking to a very small child..

jim

Post by jim »

If I was talking to a very small child Wiggy, they would be telling me how to get a picture on here ........ and I still wouldn't be able to do it!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

It depends whether it's a picture already on the internet or a personal one you have in local storage but in either case you need to be in the full editor(button under quick reply box).

For internet images you need to insert image tags by clicking the Ing button. You then need to insert the image's location between the middle square brackets ][

For local images click on the green word attachments below the reply box. This should bring up an add files button. If you click on this it opens the file dialogue pop-up in which you can navigate to your file's location. There is a restriction of 3 files per post and on the size of the file and image dimensions so you may need to edit the file to load it.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Jim you are correct 're the child being able to do it ;)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

jma

Post by jma »

Wiggy2

Most small children don't need telling: they tell me. :oops: I'm at the other end of the age spectrum and I need everything thread-to-needle, and then some. I hate to comment on other people's instructions, especially when they know more than I do, but I know from experience that adding pictures on forums can be complicated till you know how.

Resizing can be an issue. If the file size is OK when you try to add it you will get a green tick on the right hand side. If you get that tick you have managed it and then it's just a matter of where you want your picture to appear in your post. If you click "Preview" it will show you where it intends putting it. If you want it in a particular position, put the cursor where you want it and click "Place inline" then have another preview to check.

If you get a red "X" rather than a tick, you need to re-size. I find MS Paint the easiest way to do it. (Paint is still there in Windows 10) Open your image in Paint, then choose the resize option. I can never remember the maximum permitted size so I just reduce the pixels by trial and error.

I've been there before and got very frustrated so if anything needs more clarification - so long as it's simple enough for an old simpleton - please ask.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi all
if you want to see the map of old pubs in leeds centre go to the post at the top of this page by normalhours and click on the link.
regards
sm1