The Garden Gate

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
User avatar
uncle mick
PostsCOLON 1383
JoinedCOLON Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Thu 07 Nov, 2013 1:44 pm

raveydavey
PostsCOLON 2886
JoinedCOLON Thu 22 Mar, 2007 3:59 pm
LocationCOLON The Far East (of Leeds...)
CONTACTCOLON

Postby raveydavey » Thu 07 Nov, 2013 9:00 pm

Phill_dvsn wrote:
uncle mick wrote:
Looks like the follybus is going past the front door

Address     Garden Gate Hotel 3 Whitfield Place Hunslet Leeds LS10 2QB
Proposal     Listed building application for the fixture of a stud anchor for Overhead Line Equipment onto the façade of the building, approximately 6.8m or above from ground level in height, as part of the Leeds NGT scheme. (TN073)



And there you have it, everything follybus touches will turn to gold!
No need to worry about spoiling listed building frontage anymore Regular Smiley


Actually, now that I've learned that the follybus will be able to whisk me in uncommon splendor twixt The Garden Gate and The Adelphi (both of which are destined to have cables attached to the front) I might have to reconsider my objections... Wink

Or maybe not!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell
Phill_dvsn
PostsCOLON 4423
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Thu 07 Nov, 2013 9:31 pm

raveydavey wrote:

Actually, now that I've learned that the follybus will be able to whisk me in uncommon splendor twixt The Garden Gate and The Adelphi (both of which are destined to have cables attached to the front) I might have to reconsider my objections... Wink

Or maybe not!




A bad omen perhaps? Adelphi, Garden Gate, and follybus!

Actually your spot on Ravey, L.C.C seem hellbent on heaping ridicule and scorn on themselves. Everything they do seems to backfire on them.

The Y.E.P story ''Leeds trolleybus bosses are launching a fresh push to win the hearts and minds of the city’s public'' was one of the funniest. They set out to win people over, and ended up getting slaughtered in the readers comments section. One poster just about summed it up for me... Well L.C.C, I think that all went very well ha ha Laugh    
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
User avatar
uncle mick
PostsCOLON 1383
JoinedCOLON Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 2:34 pm

Does anyone have any news regarding The Garden Gate, it closed at the beginning of November & is still closed according to their website

http://www.gardengateleeds.co.uk/

tiddler
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Tue 06 Dec, 2011 4:38 pm

Postby tiddler » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:15 pm

I tried going in there Saturday night. The lights were on inside but the doors were locked.
raveydavey
PostsCOLON 2886
JoinedCOLON Thu 22 Mar, 2007 3:59 pm
LocationCOLON The Far East (of Leeds...)
CONTACTCOLON

Postby raveydavey » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:25 pm

tiddler wrote:
I tried going in there Saturday night. The lights were on inside but the doors were locked.


A lock out? Now that really is unusual! Wink
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell
jim
PostsCOLON 1732
JoinedCOLON Sun 17 May, 2009 10:09 am

Postby jim » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:40 pm

It is essential to close the garden gate. Keeps draughts out.
volksy
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Sun 17 May, 2009 7:00 pm

Postby volksy » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:41 pm

It's closed for the foreseeable as far as I'm aware. Richard the old manager is still living there, hence why the lights are on of an evening.

User avatar
uncle mick
PostsCOLON 1383
JoinedCOLON Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 9:19 pm

In my eyes there is something amiss here, the Garden Gate closed circa 7th November 2013 "for repairs"

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/time-at-historic-leeds-pub-but-just-for-repairs-1-6224789

It's still closed circa 6 months later, to me it's the best example of a Victorian/ Edwardian pub in Leeds

I thought if anyone that's interested could email info@leedsbrewery.co.uk & we might get some response

Sorry about my little rant but we must not lose places like these
RobH
PostsCOLON 12
JoinedCOLON Tue 21 Jan, 2014 5:51 pm

Postby RobH » Sun 11 May, 2014 12:50 pm

uncle mick wrote:
In my eyes there is something amiss here, the Garden Gate closed circa 7th November 2013 "for repairs"

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/time-at-historic-leeds-pub-but-just-for-repairs-1-6224789

It's still closed circa 6 months later, to me it's the best example of a Victorian/ Edwardian pub in Leeds

I thought if anyone that's interested could email info@leedsbrewery.co.uk & we might get some response

Sorry about my little rant but we must not lose places like these


I've contacted them about it, but haven't received a reply. I notice that the GG is no longer listed on their website as one of their pubs, although that might be just because it is not currently open.

Return to





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3 and 0 guests