Real Ale lovers take note!!

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I noticed that the old Griffin Hotel bar which became Contessa then shut some years ago has now acquired a shily new sign of "The Griffin" with a banner saying it due to reopen in September.I spotted it from the bus but thwere appears to be a brewery logo on the banner so might be another real ale place around Mill Hill area.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

This story from the YEP in April which I hadn't sdeen reveals more about the new Griffin pub:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 1-6554471I look forward to going in after it opens as it looks like it will be my type of pub although I hope they don't import London prices<G>.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

The new Griffin Pub opens on September 19th.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Steve Jones wrote: The new Griffin Pub opens on September 19th. Just in time to celebrate/deprecate the Scottish referendum result!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Uno Hoo wrote: Steve Jones wrote: The new Griffin Pub opens on September 19th. Just in time to celebrate/deprecate the Scottish referendum result! IMHO the only reason for celebration will be if our Scottish friends decide to stay with the UK - the complications and injustices and damage of the other decision don't bear thinking about, buts that's another story for elsewhere Enjoy your holiday abroad Uno Hoo
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

snowman1

Re: Real Ale lovers take note!!

Post by snowman1 »

hi all
the devon in x gates (my local) has started selling real ales,we have just had a real ale festival for they last 4 weeks and had dam fine ales on, my 2 favourite ales were naylors velvet and skinners Cornish knocker
regards
sm1