The Prince of Wales

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Once upon a time one of my favourite city centre pubs although I've not been in for a few years.Anyone know what is happening to it?The very traditional frontage, which was hand painted with the names of the many beers that have been on offer and the traditional "Black Sheep" signage has all been painted over in white.Please don't say that they are about to ruin another "proper" pub!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

slw

Post by slw »

It's been like that for a few weeks now. I walk past it on the wayto work. I hope it's not going to be a trendy wine bar and lose it characater. Will be walking past tomorrow so I will see if I can see whats happening

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I drive past it most mornings to drop mrs ravey off before I go to work and you're right, it's been a couple of weeks now.I couldn't swear to it, but has one of the windows been replaced with plain glass?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

slw

Post by slw »

I'm not sure but I will look out for that in the morning as well

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

It is definitely still open as there were some people on its "beer terrace" when I passed on the bus last night (5.30). The beer terrace being the steel? Tables and chairs they put on the footpath. I could only see lager being consumed though not proper beer although given how warm it was maybe something chilled was understandable
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

slw

Post by slw »

It is plain glass in the windows. The window nearest the door has the Prince of Wales Feathers "etched" on it.It is still open, but some of the windows still seem to be covered up. I don't know what it is like on the inside but I now have the excuse of "research purposes" to go for a swift drink at lunchtime or after work.

stevief

Post by stevief »

raveydavey wrote: Once upon a time one of my favourite city centre pubs although I've not been in for a few years.Anyone know what is happening to it?The very traditional frontage, which was hand painted with the names of the many beers that have been on offer and the traditional "Black Sheep" signage has all been painted over in white.Please don't say that they are about to ruin another "proper" pub! I can confirm the Prince of Wales is still a thriving pub.I enjoyed a pint of Leeds Best there this afternoon.Incidently,does the Oliver Reed Appreciation Society still meet there?

simonm

Post by simonm »

Stevief, did you manage to find out what is going on with the exterior of the building?
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

stevief

Post by stevief »

simonm wrote: Stevief, did you manage to find out what is going on with the exterior of the building? Never asked mate,but it looks like the place is being decorated inside,couple of walls stripped-or is it always like that!