Wot did they call the place

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

In the early ninety's there was a pub come club up at the Merrion centre that had a walk way with male and female dancers performing. I'm told it used to be called the beer keller or some such before the time I'm thinking of but I cannot think what it was called when the dancers were there. Please put me out of my misery because Its been driving me mad for weeks. I    

LS13

Post by LS13 »

It was Panama Joes in the late 80's, then became Yell bar which I think is when the dancers were on. Mel B was one apparently.

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

Thats the beggar I knew as soon as I heard it it would be a obvious moment. Its been bugging me for ages.Thank you. The reason it came up is that a girl I was at school with worked there she was offered work abroad and I'm told ended up a junkie sad world that it is.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yes i remember the good old days of the Beer Keller in the Early 80's. We spent many a friday afternoon in there instead of the Building college. Fumbling about with a stripper girls suspender belt was far more appealing than cutting dovetail joints i'm afraid to say.
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

slw

Post by slw »

hiThere was a pub/club t the Merrion Centre called Yell in the early 90's.There used to be dancers and the bar staff sometimes dressed in swimwear.Doh......Just got back off holiday and my brain is still in holiday mode. I have now noticed that above post about Yell

theraven1979

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah Yell Bar in the early 90s. Me and me mates used to go there to start our night in Leeds. We used to love it - Girls, booze what more do you need to get your night started when you're 16/17??!I remember the bouncers/security staff being really OTT I almost got thrown out cos I was moving the bar rails apparantly.About 2 years back I did some office work with a girl that used to work at Yell.What's there today? Looks sealed off now?

slw

Post by slw »

I haven't been up that neck of the woods for ages so not sure what it is now.I spent many a drunken night in Yell around 1994/5 (?)