The Tetley brewery public house matchbox collection.

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Erminman - could you please post a message with the names and locations as on the matchboxes? there just too small to read.Thanks
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

drapesy wrote: Erminman - could you please post a message with the names and locations as on the matchboxes? there just too small to read.Thanks I think drapesy.....L to R from top.The Albion,The Arctic Ranger,The Barleycorn,The Black horse,The Black Lion,The Chancel,The Chequers,The Coach & Horses,The Cross Keys,The Ginnel Mower ???,The Greyhound,The Hope Inn,The Hydraulic Crane,The Junction,The Little Bull,The Lord Nelson,The Market,The Old Ball,The Old Saw,The Royal Oak,The Wellington,Thge White Horse ???,The Woodman,The Woolpack..... here's hoping !
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

somme1916 wrote: drapesy wrote: Erminman - could you please post a message with the names and locations as on the matchboxes? there just too small to read.Thanks I think drapesy.....L to R from top.The Albion,The Arctic Ranger,The Barleycorn,The Black horse,The Black Lion,The Chancel,The Chequers,The Coach & Horses,The Cross Keys,The Ginnel Mower ???,The Greyhound,The Hope Inn,The Hydraulic Crane,The Junction,The Little Bull,The Lord Nelson,The Market,The Old Ball,The Old Saw,The Royal Oak,The Wellington,Thge White Horse ???,The Woodman,The Woolpack..... here's hoping ! Think it's Gemmell Mower.....a type of mower found on internet search....only other one not sure was the white horse one....looks obvious but writing doesn't quite bear that out easily ????

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

somme1916 wrote: The Albion,The Arctic Ranger,The Barleycorn,The Black horse,The Black Lion,The Chancel,The Chequers,The Coach & Horses,The Cross Keys,The Ginnel Mower ???,The Greyhound,The Hope Inn,The Hydraulic Crane,The Junction,The Little Bull,The Lord Nelson,The Market,The Old Ball,The Old Saw,The Royal Oak,The Wellington,Thge White Horse ???,The Woodman,The Woolpack.... Thanks for that somme, I can make out the pub names, It's the locations that are harder to read. *Barleycorn, Wetherby.*The Lord Nelson, Holbeck (R.I.P) burnt to the ground. *The Old Ball, Horsforth.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Phill_dvsn wrote: somme1916 wrote: The Albion,The Arctic Ranger,The Barleycorn,The Black horse,The Black Lion,The Chancel,The Chequers,The Coach & Horses,The Cross Keys,The Ginnel Mower ???,The Greyhound,The Hope Inn,The Hydraulic Crane,The Junction,The Little Bull,The Lord Nelson,The Market,The Old Ball,The Old Saw,The Royal Oak,The Wellington,Thge White Horse ???,The Woodman,The Woolpack.... Thanks for that somme, I can make out the pub names, It's the locations that are harder to read. *Barleycorn, Wetherby.*The Lord Nelson, Holbeck (R.I.P) burnt to the ground. *The Old Ball, Horsforth.    Good pub quiz !!!!Here's a few more to add for now....The Cross Keys,Fridaythorpe,DriffieldThe Hope Inn,York Rd,LeedsThe Little Bull,Middlestown,WakefieldThe Hydraulic Crane,Scotswood Rd,Newcastle....

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

somme1916 wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: somme1916 wrote: The Albion,The Arctic Ranger,The Barleycorn,The Black horse,The Black Lion,The Chancel,The Chequers,The Coach & Horses,The Cross Keys,The Ginnel Mower ???,The Greyhound,The Hope Inn,The Hydraulic Crane,The Junction,The Little Bull,The Lord Nelson,The Market,The Old Ball,The Old Saw,The Royal Oak,The Wellington,Thge White Horse ???,The Woodman,The Woolpack.... Thanks for that somme, I can make out the pub names, It's the locations that are harder to read. *Barleycorn, Wetherby.*The Lord Nelson, Holbeck (R.I.P) burnt to the ground. *The Old Ball, Horsforth.     Good pub quiz !!!!Here's a few more to add for now....The Cross Keys,Fridaythorpe,DriffieldThe Hope Inn,York Rd,LeedsThe Little Bull,Middlestown,WakefieldThe Hydraulic Crane,Scotswood Rd,Newcastle.... few more...The Greyhound,Tong,BradfordThe Albion,BatleyThe Black Lion(sure that's the one that was at Mill Hill...now Spencers)same signage.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

somme1916 wrote: Good pub quiz !!!!Here's a few more to add for now....The Cross Keys,Fridaythorpe,DriffieldThe Hope Inn,York Rd,LeedsThe Little Bull,Middlestown,WakefieldThe Hydraulic Crane,Scotswood Rd,Newcastle....few more...The Greyhound,Tong,BradfordThe Albion,BatleyThe Black Lion(sure that's the one that was at Mill Hill...now Spencers)same signage. A treat for Somme, I have a sneaky feeling he likes these.Good work!         We have 10 named and located to date, just another 14 to go.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Phill_dvsn wrote: somme1916 wrote: Good pub quiz !!!!Here's a few more to add for now....The Cross Keys,Fridaythorpe,DriffieldThe Hope Inn,York Rd,LeedsThe Little Bull,Middlestown,WakefieldThe Hydraulic Crane,Scotswood Rd,Newcastle....few more...The Greyhound,Tong,BradfordThe Albion,BatleyThe Black Lion(sure that's the one that was at Mill Hill...now Spencers)same signage. A treat for Somme, I have a sneaky feeling he likes these.Good work!         We have 10 named and located to date, just another 14 to go. Ha Ha....due an eye test too ! tbh...it's not the Leeds Black Lion(sign was v.similar though)...however I'll give you The Chancel in Scunthorpe instead.....

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

....The Arctic Ranger,Orchard Park,Hull (should have known the town i suppose.....)also The Royal Oak,Kippax,Leedstime for hitting the hay now i'm afraid.....nite y'all    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

The Old Saw is near Spen Victoria Cricket Club in Gomersal.