Vanishing Breweries

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
loiner99

Re: Vanishing Breweries

Post by loiner99 »

liits wrote:Tetely's took over Melbourne in 1960. I wonder if the faded / painted out piece of the gable wall had been the Melbourne Courtier logo?
Now that you mention it I remember going in thro the front door to visit my auntie and in the tiles on the floor was a restoration "courtier"
in his finery with a long stick
batchoy

Carlwil55

Rutland Brewery' (nothing to do with Ruddles)

Post by Carlwil55 »

drapesy wrote:Further to my earlier post - Musgrave and Sagar called their brewery 'The Rutland Brewery' (nothing to do with Ruddles) and it was on Marlborough Street Burley. They existed as a company until very recently - but stopped brewing many years ago. They owned The Old Unicorn in Bramley and the Town Hall Tavern to my knowledge.
Hi
I work at plusnet on marlborough street, is there any pictures of the rutland brewery or anyother building on marlborough. I ask because whilst carrying out some work the builders have uncovered a old redbrick structure with windows and a door (bricked over). I am thinking this may be part of the old brewery, would love to find Out more :-)

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

If you scroll in on this circa1946 map, to Marlborough St. http://maps.nls.uk/view/100947065

It is marked as Malthouse.

Directly over where Plusnet are now located.

rikj

Post by rikj »

A possible on Leodis:

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... tifier=560

taken during the clearance of Chatham Street by the look of it. Some other pics there if you search on the Marlborough Street and Chatham Street tags. The larger building and the ones behind it look to be marked "Malthouse" on maps up to the 50s maybe.