The Old Lion & Lamb in Seacroft

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Any updates?

raposo73

Post by raposo73 »

My grandfather was Frederick John TOWNEND and lived at Park Farms. I have a painting of the farm but wondered if anyone knew where I could find an actual picture? Also, any further information would be greatly appreciated. My grandfather died when my mom was 4 so we don't have much. Thanks

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

raposo73 wrote: My grandfather was Frederick John TOWNEND and lived at Park Farms. I have a painting of the farm but wondered if anyone knew where I could find an actual picture? Also, any further information would be greatly appreciated. My grandfather died when my mom was 4 so we don't have much. You dont give a lot away to help with, but if it was Park Farm on Dewsbury Road then its on Leodis, top left on this page.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

raposo73

Post by raposo73 »

buffaloskinner wrote: raposo73 wrote: My grandfather was Frederick John TOWNEND and lived at Park Farms. I have a painting of the farm but wondered if anyone knew where I could find an actual picture? Also, any further information would be greatly appreciated. My grandfather died when my mom was 4 so we don't have much. You dont give a lot away to help with, but if it was Park Farm on Dewsbury Road then its on Leodis, top left on this page. I apologize for the lack of information but I don't have any more other than being told that the house may have been torn down to make way for a highway.

String o' beads

minksymoo wrote: Hello hello hello Welly welly welly, it's taking a little longer than we anticipated but we now have a bar in the front room and are heading out this weekend for the tables and chairs.Soooooo, how about either Saturday 11th Feb or Sunday 12th for a get together at The Old Lion and Lamb, try out the bar and have a look through the scrapbook?All secretleedsers welcome- let me know which date is the better for you and we'll go with the majority, if that weekend is bad for more than a few people we can arrange it for later in February.We're inviting the old owners Ken and Corrine Spink as well so they can help fill in the gaps in the history of the place and chat about what the initial restoration was like for them when they took it over from the brewery.One caveat......you must like dogs Why don't you have the meet here?

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

Excellent idea! - if the offer still stands?

jim

Post by jim »

Not very accessible for those of us on the other side of Leeds without their own transport.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raposo73 wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: raposo73 wrote: My grandfather was Frederick John TOWNEND and lived at Park Farms. I have a painting of the farm but wondered if anyone knew where I could find an actual picture? Also, any further information would be greatly appreciated. My grandfather died when my mom was 4 so we don't have much. You dont give a lot away to help with, but if it was Park Farm on Dewsbury Road then its on Leodis, top left on this page. I apologize for the lack of information but I don't have any more other than being told that the house may have been torn down to make way for a highway. Only just seen this on the board, it is Park Farm in Seacoft, now the site of Aldi.The poster has been in contact directly as the Townsend s at Park Farm appear in my family tree not too far back and Mrs C has been in touch recently sending some family info to her - no reply as yet though.

String o' beads

Actually - what's happened to minksymoo? No updates for a year. Does anyone pass the Lion & Lamb?

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

I can do, it's not too far from my house, and on the way to Tesco ...